Question about CS...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sepetaiya

01-30-2013

cs is overrated until you get up into high elo where players focus on cs instead of kills. if you are practicing for ranked, focus on cs and harass as you can, but its alot more fun in normals to just go for kills and practice engagements. at the low elo you start at out it is also better to do this.

farming champs > farming minions

imarobbiepie

01-30-2013

You think that's hard. Try hitting 80 drones by 7 mins.

Typod

01-30-2013

Good God! I'm usually on par with the others I'm paired with in random, but at lvl 11 I'm only hitting 125cs per GAME! lol.... I've got a longer way to go than you my friend! Good post though, it shows me what to work towards as well.

Desperate Izzy

01-30-2013

so i've played in every role and my main problem seems to be having good lane control, i'm getting better at it but would like to hear how i can better improve that control.

What i mean by this is, while taking farm, the opponent is hugging the tower, meanwhile my creeps just seem to push even though i am not pushing, so often times when this happens the opponent ends up with like twice my farm, and gets fed from CS really fast.

What can i do to improve my lane control?

thanks guys!

Snipawolfe

01-30-2013

I think aiming for 70cs by 10 minutes (or 12 less CS for every kill you have) is good, then 100 more CS every ten minutes from there on. So 170 by 20 minutes, 270 by 30, etc.

CaesarFlickerman

01-30-2013

Please be advised that if you ever play support to an adc in bot, that CS should not be your PRIMARY concern. It's all role specific.

Alex3465

01-30-2013

Thanks for the advise everyone! Especially the advice to play on draft mode, that really helped! I think I'm going to aim for 50 CS at 10 minutes at level 24, 70CS at 10 minutes at level 27, then drifting close to 100CS at 12 minutes by the time I hit ranked.
Is this reasonable? And if anyone has any CS tips that would be great as well!
Thanks!
-Alex3465

Alex3465

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typod View Post
Good God! I'm usually on par with the others I'm paired with in random, but at lvl 11 I'm only hitting 125cs per GAME! lol.... I've got a longer way to go than you my friend! Good post though, it shows me what to work towards as well.
Haha don't worry about it! You're only level 11, so you'll obviously improve over time if you aim to! . Also, that's pretty good if you even KNOW Cs is important at that level! I only realized how important Cs is when I hit level 20- something... XD.

Cheers!

Alex3465.