Thoughts on the matter..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YuoResh07

01-29-2013

This is my first post to a forum so i'm gonna try to hit all the points in my head and still leave room for opinions.

First on my mind is the rather harsh change on LOL as a whole. I've been playing leagues since 2010 and just like many others have seen it go thru many changes. At times I've liked them and times where I've disagreed. However, the preseason 3 changes was not something I expected the least. I understand Riot is doing all they can to maintain a balance between characters and such, but I think they've fallen into a "meta" of their own. When I first came to leagues I saw the variety of champs, most of them had abilities that I'd never ever even come up with, and that's what I enjoyed. But recently it almost seems that we're getting champs with abilities that the community has already seen before. So my point in this is I'd like to see Riot experiment again, pull something totally crazy out of their heads and put into the game.

I know this topic has been asked for over and over, but a new map is definitely in order. And i'm just gonna throw this idea out, but how about a huge map. Divided in three sections, each team will fight to gain points (sort of like dominion) and the team that is able to acquire a number of points will gain access to the third side. This third side could be placed in the middle of the map and grant bonuses/buffs or allow for one player to acquire a 5th skill only unlockable on that map (I know that idea would be rather difficult to create but what i'm suggesting isn't going to be found in the current meta). I'm just putting out ideas that I think would be cool and bring back the fresh sense of creativity that I first saw in leagues.

itsDozier

01-29-2013

I'd like to see something similar to BGs in WoW. Maybe a CTF or Hold the Orb map. Payload might be cool too. Who knows.

Snepif

01-29-2013

Yeah i totally agree upvoted

CTElephant

01-29-2013

They have been working at them, with adding bots to TT and dominion is still newer in the grand scheme of things. I see them revamping the 5v5 next to make game play a bit more refreshing maybe with an added team buff that could be a contested thing in mid. I don't see them making any revolutionary changes. Not everyone likes the boat rocking.

The Jade Fist

01-29-2013

I'd love a CTF mode.

Can have a neutral monster in the middle of a map (smite would be like a popular spell here), kill it, get a buff. This buff then grants vision of you to the enemy team, and you're slowed down, possibly silenced.

Thru 3 corridors there are many teleporters that allies/ enemies can come out of, but the flag carrier can't use. If you can get back to your nexus with the buff its removed and your team scores a point.

There would also be no respawn delays, to make sure its a constant battle the whole way back, with your team protecting you. The 3 corridors would of course have intersections and jungles between.

You could have other objectives on the map that help set up turrets, and disable/ open teleporters.

Your nexus would have 4 turrets, 2 inner 2 outer, they would respawn if destroyed provided your team killed certain map objectives. These are to help guard your flag carrier back into base, and gives the enemy team the option of diving in to try to get the flag back, or destorying the turrets to give them an edge. These turrets how ever would have far less HP then summoner rift turrets.

Not only would this be a high paced game, there would be plenty of side objectives/ things to gain advantages to worry about besides simply 4 people guarding 1 flag carrier while 5 people chase. (Maybe it could be 10 vs 10s or some thing like 6 vs 6, no rule saying it has to be 5 vs 5) The larger team would make it easier to balance side objectives and the flag.

High paced, and dynamic gameplay. I think it would be a very fun mode to add.

YuoResh07

01-30-2013

CTF would be awesome.

I agree CTElephant, not everyone wants something radical or out of this world but still, in my opinion the current meta is old and rehashed. If they could do something like adding another mode such as CTF or hell even a Free for All map were it pits 4 players against each other with objectives to gain the upper hand and win. I think it'd bring a great experience to the game.