A Friendly PSA from a Low ELO player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minos157

01-29-2013

You constantly telling us we are going to lose, and saying gg is a negative attitude and brings down the whole team.

I honestly can not bring myself to try hard when I have a team mate saying gg and we lose every time someone dies.

Please be more positive, Low ELO games can be thrown back in your favor at any moment, we Low ELO players all make a lot of mistakes which means the enemy team will make mistakes too.

Calling your support (me) an annoying see you next Tuesday because I'm telling you to get positive even when we are down 17-1 is not ok.

Thank you for your time.

Straynar

01-29-2013

Most people change their play style in lower ELO. Passive/aggressive then vice-versa later in the game.

Also I've found (coming from 600 ELO last season starting 800 falling to 600s again and back to mid 800s now) that 800s are where A LOT of new players are. People with random runes, tier 2 runes, incomplete pages, etc. Basically just the guys that've played little (and doing pvp below lvl 30 doesn't count either so I don't care if there are 800 wins in normals it's not the same honestly).

I've seen games where I'm blamed for throwing a game for getting caught out while we are behind 15-20 kills. It's all dependent. I've pushed turrets and tried to get team to help take down and they'd rather run or fight the enemy than take objectives (you see this A LOT at lower ELOs too).

People cry for "bad bans". There's all sorts of things. Basically boils down to just inexperience honestly and it's getting worse with the surge of players too.

Seikon

01-29-2013

League of Legends in a team game. If you eliminate verbal communication, then the overall team work will, without a doubt, go down. Problem is most players only recognize the first part. They don't really think about the second part.

So when someone dies, they automatically think, "Great, someone ELSE is feeding the team." Or when they get ganked, it's "Great, someone ELSE didn't call missing." Or even when they or you die in a team fight, "Great, someone ELSE didn't focus or come in with me." And therefore, get the result, "Team is bad, I'm going to lose because of my team."

On that note, here's a little tip. It will take time to get used to but I guarantee you will have a better time in ranked and improve your ELO and your overall game play. Stop relying on your team or worrying so much about them. After all, it's SOLO Queue. If someone is feeding off your team mate, take notice and actively try to gank for killing spree bonus if you're close or have the opportunity to. Or just focus on feeding yourself in your own lane. If someone goes missing, take note of it and play more careful. Wards! Don't rely on someone else to do it. If you need ward the most then do it yourself. Much like you don't expect someone to buy you an item, don't expect them to buy you wards. If your team is too aggressive or too passive, adjust yourself accordingly so the team isn't split in a team fight.

I know what I just stated above sounds easy, but it's actually really hard to get used to. But once you do, you will climb, and when you do, you will find that those skills will help you maintain that ELO, cause honestly, the players in low ELO and high ELO don't act that much different. It's just that they rely less on their teammates and more on themselves due to having those skills above. If you somehow climb ELO without learning those skills, I will tell you right now that you will hear the same thing. Team work doesn't magically spring out in higher ELO, nor does a positive attitude. It's more of.. don't really need them.

Minos157

01-30-2013

Not sure if you missed my point, I don't care about my ELO really, ranked play is generally more competative and thus the reason I play it. Am I "Stuck" at 1100, yes, do I care, not really. If I move up great, if I don't no biggie.

My bigger point was a PSA about negative attitudes in this game. You're correct that most everyone blames everyone else first and never themselves. Some people, myself included, always stay positive and don't blame anyone ever. The most typed message from me in chat is generally, "We aren't out guys, lets be more passive since we are feeding a bit," or, "Great team play lets keep on the pressure."

In the losing situation I don't care if it is only one player going 0-4, even if it is me, I still use the word we. In the winning situation I don't care if Pantheon is 16-0 and the rest of us have no kills or assists, I still say great team work because I don't care about the individual.

Generally my attitude leads to positiveness back even in losing situations, this PSA was just meant for those who do play the blame game and more so for those who are nice but negative, that is the worst.

Don't tell us we can't win in chat it brings us down just as much as you shouting noobs in all capitals. That is the TL: DR point of all of this. Even a nice negative attitude is still a bad thing.

P.S. If you say something along the lines of, "I think we are too far behind and it is going to be tough to win," that is ok by me because it is using words that still allow for some hope. That is all I want.