Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, any nami mains/players here?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myst Desdemona

01-29-2013

Quote:
Cewelowic:
Well, when you pick her, the enemy knows where you are going.

maybe so but it doesnt really change much.
Quote:
weswithnodress:
i am very interested in nami because i will either be buying her or lulu. I know lulu is really good but nami looks very fun to play just don't know if she is worth getting over lulu.
Will def bumb this thread

well, she is fun for sure, you just need to get used to her buble to make most of her.
Quote:
Nzo:
Nami, imo, has all the tools she needs to be a great support. Her ult is a little lacking... but so are a lot of support's ults.

Nami is a skill based champion though. Her usefulness can go from useless when she misses Qs to absolutely game changing with well struck Qs and Rs.

She has a steroid she applies to the ADC and a decent heal.

Her ultimate is fine and gamechanging, and the slow is so huge that you can land your bubble with ease. not to mention it interrupts channeling abilities AND procs your passve on your allies.

that is true, i would say she is like blitzcrank, a blitz that cant land his pull would be useless. although she has a slow on her E which helps her bubble a lot

edit: i noticed you edited your post so ill update:
The problem with Nami is she doesn't do anything better than any other support.

Q - Taric's stun is more reliable.
W - Soraka's heal is stronger. Taric's heal is stronger.
E - Nunu/Lulu/Sona have better steriods.
R - Sona ultimate is more reliable and more game changing

each champion has a forte, its natural, although it doesnt need to be a stat to rule them all, that doesnt make her a master of none either.

taric's stun is reliable ,yes, but its single target, nami can stun the whole enemy team on a short cooldown.
As a soraka main, we all know that the best part is the armor it grant, and taric heals him as well, although nami's heal can heal two allies and damage enemies as well, for a nice amount on a short cooldown.
I wouldnt argue on those steroids, but i believe a nice bonus damage and a slow is really nice, three hits are enough to lock your target and aim your bubble at them.
As for her ultimate, personally i would prefer nami's ult over sona's in some circumstances, for the longer range, knock up and massive slow.

so yeah, maybe she doesnt excel at a specefic thing, but he surely has a nice inventory.

Xanthalis

01-29-2013

Quote:
NirenCorpsKnight:
I tried using nami as a main, in the end she was way to underhwelming.
Long expensive cooldowns, slow inaccurate ultimate and the fact she's as delicate as burnt caramel. I had to refuned her. I Regret using her despite her cuteness. Just ick. Outplayed and outsourced easily by other supports.

I feel the same way. I bought her immediately and got a few games in with her, but felt she is very underwhelming. I think there isn't enough reward for hitting with her spells. They either need to move faster or feel better when they land.

EnümaElish

01-29-2013

Quote:
Nzo:
Nami, imo, has all the tools she needs to be a great support. Her ult is a little lacking... but so are a lot of support's ults.

Nami is a skill based champion though. Her usefulness can go from useless when she misses Qs to absolutely game changing with well struck Qs and Rs.

She has a steroid she applies to the ADC and a decent heal.

The problem with Nami is she doesn't do anything better than any other support.

Q - Taric's stun is more reliable.
W - Soraka's heal is stronger. Taric's heal is stronger.
E - Nunu/Lulu/Sona have better steriods.
R - Sona ultimate is more reliable and more game changing

Nami can combine a lot of elements from other champions but at a vastly reduced version

This guy right here. I sorta "main" nami, as she is one of the unique"st" and coolest support. While her kit feels nice and you can definetely own games, there is nothing she does that isn't outclassed by other supports in their respective roles.

You can have lot of fun playing nami and owning, but you will always feel her to be underwhelming, even with such cool skills. I think her E is the worst offender, i'm pretty convinced it earns the title of the worst skill in league of legends

It's compensated by her other skills though, which make her an above average champion. You will prefer the other supports though, simply because they are more fun to play.

Myst Desdemona

01-29-2013

Quote:
Xanthalis:
I feel the same way. I bought her immediately and got a few games in with her, but felt she is very underwhelming. I think there isn't enough reward for hitting with her spells. They either need to move faster or feel better when they land.

while it would be nice to have a higher projectile speed on her spells, her stun would be too problematic since it's an aoe stun on a short cooldown.

Myst Desdemona

01-29-2013

Quote:
EnümaElish:
This guy right here. I sorta "main" nami, as she is one of the unique"st" and coolest support. While her kit feels nice and you can definetely own games, there is nothing she does that isn't outclassed by other supports in their respective roles.

You can have lot of fun playing nami and owning, but you will always feel her to be underwhelming, even with such cool skills. I think her E is the worst offender, i'm pretty convinced it earns the title of the worst skill in league of legends

It's compensated by her other skills though, which make her an above average champion.

each support has his shtick no denying it, nami maybe brings up a couple with her on a weaker basis but she's still fatal under a full combo.
and speaking of her E, i don't know why but i personally like that skill, the damage and slow feel really satisfying (especially if my adc is graves or ezreal) it would be hard for them to escape. maybe some buffed ap ratios would help?

edit: people would obviously play a champ they enjoy, i personally detest taric , nunu and sona and i find them really boring.

Defendi

01-29-2013

I have seen Nami games and she is simply bossed out of lane. Nunu moves her like its nobodys problem. She can be good if played very very well but the opponent has to be passive and even still you may run out of mana before the fight happens. I would stay away from her for a WHILE.

Myst Desdemona

01-29-2013

Quote:
Defendi:
I have seen Nami games and she is simply bossed out of lane. Nunu moves her like its nobodys problem. She can be good if played very very well but the opponent has to be passive and even still you may run out of mana before the fight happens. I would stay away from her for a WHILE.

she has no mana problems, at least the way i build her and i dont even use mana regen runes(although if you spam your skills before your first recall then you'd propably run out, meki pendant and buiscuit should cover that though). i get a philo stone and then a tear of goddess or chalice, she can charge the tear really fast and you'd never run out of mana afterwards.

EnümaElish

01-29-2013

Quote:
Myst Desdemona:
she has no mana problems, at least the way i build her and i dont even use mana regen runes(although if you spam your skills before your first recall then you'd propably run out, meki pendant and buiscuit should cover that though). i get a philo stone and then a tear of goddess or chalice, she can charge the tear really fast and you'd never run out of mana afterwards.

Agreed. As i said 3 posts back then, her problem isnt that she is not strong enouhg, but that she is not FUN enough to play, despite being pretty cool and above average in strenght ^^

Myst Desdemona

01-29-2013

Quote:
EnümaElish:
Agreed. As i said 3 posts back then, her problem isnt that she is not strong enouhg, but that she is not FUN enough to play, despite being pretty cool and above average in strenght ^^

well i cant talk from your position since we have different definitions of fun, but i do find her really fun to play as myself.

darkzero225

01-29-2013

I'd play her more often if my friends would actually play adc