So, any nami mains/players here?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myst Desdemona

02-21-2013

bump

Raptamei

02-21-2013

If only Nami had TWO spells that sort of cooperated to achieve a certain goal it would be easier.

She is just totally, utterly, Dotalike random. You know those Dota heroes with one spell that leaves you wondering "Why? WHY does THIS hero have THAT spell?" That's Nami. Offensive support? Yes, her entire kit screams offense but you can't actually initiate with either of your two "initiation" skills, and if you send in your adc first to slow the enemy, they just split up to avoid bubble and kill your adc instantly. Defensive support? E is completely wasted and you don't have an instant disengage. She has a heal, but it requires you to get into a fight. Or perhaps you're meant to trade, but they can just trade back because E is so weak.

The problem isn't that her numbers are too low, because they are actually pretty nice.

The problem is that she is the Sion of support: 4 random skills with virtually no synergy.

Myst Desdemona

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
If only Nami had TWO spells that sort of cooperated to achieve a certain goal it would be easier.

She is just totally, utterly, Dotalike random. You know those Dota heroes with one spell that leaves you wondering "Why? WHY does THIS hero have THAT spell?" That's Nami. Offensive support? Yes, her entire kit screams offense but you can't actually initiate with either of your two "initiation" skills, and if you send in your adc first to slow the enemy, they just split up to avoid bubble and kill your adc instantly. Defensive support? E is completely wasted and you don't have an instant disengage. She has a heal, but it requires you to get into a fight. Or perhaps you're meant to trade, but they can just trade back because E is so weak.

The problem isn't that her numbers are too low, because they are actually pretty nice.

The problem is that she is the Sion of support: 4 random skills with virtually no synergy.
i cant say i know much about dota since i only played dota 2 a total of 4 games as naga siren . But either way, we already established that she is a multitude of supports in one package with diminished effects. She's still good at it though, i have nothing against her numbers, they are quite decent, although riot kinda put her in a fix by limiting her to only supporting. She does have a bit synergy to it though, You slow your opponent, then you stun him and if you need to , then launch your wave, that's how i work out most jungler ganks. Her Q has a very low mana cost even when maxed and it deals good damage so its good harass. Her w needs your adc to be aware of how close he is to his target for it to jump up but you can just start enemy, ally enemy in that case.
i Do agree on her E though, while i like the skill, the numbers are too low even at max rank so basically you're only in it for the slow. Her ap ratios are horrible , it would be nice if they give her similar ratios to janna or something. But hey, she did get a small ms QoL buff, so maybe she'll get more in the close future

Myst Desdemona

02-22-2013

bump

Myst Desdemona

02-24-2013

bump

Bloodmo0n

02-24-2013

I started playing her exclusively too just like i did with lulu just before she became popular. I find that nami is the kind of champion that you need to be deliberate with, which is why she is often compared to Janna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post

Her R cooperates with her Q. Her E cooperates with her Q, her E and W are both for trading and harassing. E should be selfcasted, that way you get a movespeed boost, and can close the gap quickly and auto them and use W to harass, your adc isn't going to do that, but it doesn't matter if they don't you get the same effect out of it. W needs to be used when it is efficient, aim for 3 bounces, 2 is okay though, you can't sit there and spam W for heals unless you want to build a chalice, in which case you should probably pick Sona or something.

Myst Desdemona

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodmo0n View Post
I started playing her exclusively too just like i did with lulu just before she became popular. I find that nami is the kind of champion that you need to be deliberate with, which is why she is often compared to Janna.

Her R cooperates with her Q. Her E cooperates with her Q, her E and W are both for trading and harassing. E should be selfcasted, that way you get a movespeed boost, and can close the gap quickly and auto them and use W to harass, your adc isn't going to do that, but it doesn't matter if they don't you get the same effect out of it. W needs to be used when it is efficient, aim for 3 bounces, 2 is okay though, you can't sit there and spam W for heals unless you want to build a chalice, in which case you should probably pick Sona or something.
she's the only support i play atm, unless i need to go morgana support. She has a bit of a janna taste to her, yes but still unique on her own.
Her E damagic is magic, chances are that all adcs would have scaling mr per level, so that extra damage is usually enough to win fights early game. not to forget about the slow.
Her W is what i max first if we are under heavy harass. Getting 2 bounces is easy as long as you communicate with your adc, or use yourself as a conductor..
Lately i found that maxing her Q is also good if you wont need the healing, it does a really good amount of damage at later ranks and you dont risk Ksing accidentally since you are using it to engage more or less.
Her R is my fave, i can finish off those wall jumpers or disrupt their whole team , not forgetting the slow.
I dont think you should sit out as nami either, she is meant to keep pressure on the enemy team. and she has the tools to do it.

Myst Desdemona

02-24-2013

bump

Kirballs1

02-24-2013

How is this fair?

Auricthunder

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirballs1 View Post
How is this fair?
Nunu has no hard CC in his entire kit and has to stand still channeling it while Nami can knock-up the entire team with an instant cast.

Nami has the most AoE CC in the entire game. Once you get to end-game, Nami outclasses most supports. The problem is getting to that point because aside from her easily dodged bubble, she doesn't offer much until 6. Her W base damage is weak and her E slow is very weak until multiple points are put in it.