Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, any nami mains/players here?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myst Desdemona

01-29-2013

Greetings GD, Since this thread is kind of a hit (or at least my most successful thread least to say) i'm gonna go through and make it more organized.

Nami is currently my fave champ, i simply cannot resist picking her in champ select, the only time i pick something else is if i can't support or we're too squishy (bronze logic picking only high damage champs in dreams of god knows what) in which case i hit leona instead.

I first played her when she hit pbe, back then she was stronger stat was but we all know she was gutted down because riot wanted to force her to a support role only. She was my only release instabuy

No matter what people say about her, it's a fact that nami is a great support, being capable of doing what other supports do in smaller amounts has nothing to do with her being bad. She is fun, i love her design and she's very disruptive on short cooldowns. My only peeve is that her passive doesn't grant unit collision removal. I'm fine with the boost and the duration even though its too short but hey, one thing at a time no? that movement speed buff she got was golden for her laning phase and her E's animation was a nice upgrade.

I'd play nami in every position if i could but i only play solo Q so i cant just do that, i did however play her As ap mid, full tank, and adc, i didint bother with jungle because i don't really like jungling myself.

I personally would like to see more namis around , She is at least picking up in number of players and the number of people in this thread playing nami is also very satisfying :P lol

So let me hear your thoughts about our fave aquatic support and why you play her if you do, If you don't, then say why not in a decent manner please. (and i would prefer if you avoid the taric stun argument, because it doesn't hold ground)

here is one of my ad nami game , i went 18/4/6, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOcYTEAHkAA watch if you feel like burning some time.

So far i have played Nami 118 times and still counting. (outdated, will count it out later)
14 APRIL: NAMI APPRECIATION DAY
29 MAI: Early koi nami birthday gift from my best friend xD

Riot Bait!
IronStylus Xelnath Certainly T true damage

Basically i want the parrot to reveal more about the interaction between diana and nami if there is any. (lunari nami would be epic, I summon you Ironstylus! )
@CertainlyT , considering you're the one that cares about the community the most, i wanted to ask if it would be kind of possible to buff nami's passive a bit (QoL in a sense) so that her passive will allow those affected to walk through units. i know it's a far cry but worth a try for my fave champ.

660591 660673This should be a reason for your to love nami..........LMFAO xD

Myst Desdemona

01-29-2013

Bump

YouPlayLikeGirl

01-29-2013

No dude. Fudge off you pot of fondue

Tamamo No Mae

01-29-2013

I tried using nami as a main, in the end she was way to underhwelming.
Long expensive cooldowns, slow inaccurate ultimate and the fact she's as delicate as burnt caramel. I had to refuned her. I Regret using her despite her cuteness. Just ick. Outplayed and outsourced easily by other supports.

Myst Desdemona

01-29-2013

Quote:
NirenCorpsKnight:
I tried using nami as a main, in the end she was way to underhwelming.
Long expensive cooldowns, slow inaccurate ultimate and the fact she's as delicate as burnt caramel. I had to refuned her. I Regret using her despite her cuteness. Just ick. Outplayed and outsourced easily by other supports.

personally i dont have a single problem with her cooldowns or costs. Her bubble is indeed hard to land, but if you can predict your opponent's movement or slow them with your e , it would make landing it much easier. No denying that she is fragile although you can use some armor runes since you'll be bot lane and you'll propably build either aegis or banner of command.
I dont know if you refunded her before or after but her ult got a speed buff and it has very nice range.

Cewelowic

01-29-2013

Well, when you pick her, the enemy knows where you are going.

weswithnodress

01-29-2013

i am very interested in nami because i will either be buying her or lulu. I know lulu is really good but nami looks very fun to play just don't know if she is worth getting over lulu.
Will def bumb this thread

Nzo

01-29-2013

Nami, imo, has all the tools she needs to be a great support. Her ult is a little lacking... but so are a lot of support's ults.

Nami is a skill based champion though. Her usefulness can go from useless when she misses Qs to absolutely game changing with well struck Qs and Rs.

She has a steroid she applies to the ADC and a decent heal.

The problem with Nami is she doesn't do anything better than any other support.

Q - Taric's stun is more reliable.
W - Soraka's heal is stronger. Taric's heal is stronger.
E - Nunu/Lulu/Sona have better steriods.
R - Sona ultimate is more reliable and more game changing

Nami can combine a lot of elements from other champions but at a vastly reduced version

Tamamo No Mae

01-29-2013

Before that minor minor buff, and it's still very minor. The fact remains that it is downright slow and without a fed team the engagement will go bad. But that's the games I played. What you play is your own buisness and your free to have your own opinion. However, from playing 50+ games with her and using her in every game type against multitude of players. She is bottom lane BAD compared to most other supports. That's why you don't see her very often. Any Decent ADC or Even Mid can shut nami down before her Q even goes off. Unless that Q lands. You may as well just walk away especially against certain types of champions.

You play what you want, enjoy it. I however, in my time with her and the matches high and low she's been used in. There are MUCH Better alternatives that do her "Role" x100 better

In regards to "Skillbased" Buy your advanced boots, and slap a +15 movement speed. Her Q is practically useless now especially against fast moving champions like Miss Fortune (Common ADC Pick in normals)

NefariousNomad

01-29-2013

I was a nami main until thresh came out. But felt like I had to play harder than other supports to be equal.