I don't understand Jungeling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treget

01-29-2013

Please help me to understand the importance of jungeling. I just picture it as running around in the jungle killing monsters and getting some buffs and ganking. However, other than ganking I honestly do not see how it is helpful in LoL. Please inform me

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

The reason people jungle is because it lets you have 2 solo lanes. which means they get more gold and xp. and you get gold and xp from jungle creeps. and it give you more of a dynamic person to help your lane get an advantage. junglers are also there for smite to get buffs, dragon, and baron

its just another place to play

Sikuq

01-29-2013

It lets your teammate get all the gold and exp that top lane as to offer all to himself, making him stronger

Swineflew1

01-29-2013

While leveling in normals it usually has a side effect of getting your solo top lane beat up pretty hard.

Treget

01-29-2013

Is it a viable part of the game? Who are good gankers?

coheedrocks72

01-29-2013

Very viable, I've been almost dead sometimes only to have my jungles come in and save the day.

Feedbro

01-29-2013

You will never (ok I shouldn't use that term) you will super super SUPER rarely see a pro level team play a match without a jungler, and even then it represents something enormously unorthodox and probably some rapid early game pushing strategy or something.

League of Legends is fundamentally a game about getting better items faster than your opponents so they lose to you when they try to fight you and thus eventually cannot prevent you from killing their towers.

Therefore the bulk of the game is decided in gold totals. If one team is ahead of the other by 20k gold, they're almost certainly winning and if they lose, the game is considered thrown/a miraculous comeback.

So if your Darius has a pair of boots, a longsword, some wards and a health pot, but theirs has a Brutalizer, Ninja Tabi, and a Health Crystal, your top lane is going to lose.

Having a Jungler forces your opponents to buy wards so they know when the jungler is coming to gank them. This sets them back in gold. If neither team has a jungler this is a wash, but if just one team does, this is a big gold advantage in laning phase.

If the other team doesn't have a jungler, you can just push your wave of creeps to their tower and deny your opponents the gold from last hitting minions because you aren't living in fear of a jungler rolling into your lane and making it a 2v1 or 3v2.

Also imagine 2 top, one mid, 2 bottom. Top lane is splitting the gold. If there was just one person top and a jungler, then that top laner gets double the gold from minions, while the Jungler gets more from jungling than he would get from splitting a lane (not as much as soloing a lane, however). And the top laner gets solo experience, thus leveling faster and learning his skills at a faster rate.

Having a Jungler means your opponents cannot get too aggressive because they are unsure of where the jungler is 24/7, so they have to assume they are under threat of gank most of the time. This is why wards are bought-- to counteract that.

Who are good gankers? Best that come to mind are Shaco, Evelynn, Olaf, Maokai.... Most junglers are good gankers, that's why they're played in the jungle.

TL;DR Jungling gives your whole team more gold and map presence, thus putting you at a huge advantage over teams wasting the resources in their own jungles and fighting over scraps in lane.

Jericho Hombre

01-30-2013

In general, I'd advise staying away from the jungle until you're a high level for 2 reasons:

1. At early levels jungling is rare, so you're leaving your top lane to 2v1 your opponents. Most people aren't going to be able to handle this and will lose the lane.

2. The jungle is really hard to live through early in the game. I jungle Kha'Zix and barely live through my first run sometimes. Having more masteries is essential, and buying runes for it is a huge help. Since you can't buy the best runes until level 20 I recommend waiting until you see it done then.

*Also, if you want to start at a buff at level 1 you'll need the help of a lane to "leash" you. This is not something lower levels are going to understand.

cindobeast

01-30-2013

Try jungling in bot matches, there's some good guides out there that they let you know where you should start with buffs and what to buy.

The best things of having a jungler is:

1. Ganks - push the enemy back, help kill the enemy, scare off the enemy - jungler has the ability to roam everywhere as he is not dedicated to a lane. Also it makes pushing towers a lot more easier.
2. Guard - if you're in lane and need to recall, you're jungler can watch the tower (and get some farm!!) so the enemy doesn't touch it when you're buying
3. Buffs - has Smite which is essential in killing monsters/minions/pets/Dragon/Baron
4. Buffs 4 U - will give help give you a buff!
5. Wards - although.. it's rare (from what I seen) junglers have more freedom to ward certain areas or have an oracle to get rid of enemy's wards
6. Influence - as a jungler, you have a MAJOR influence and control in the game. You can be a carry for your team. You can call the shots. You can control the whole darn map!