Kick AFK players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astealoth

01-29-2013

I've been trying to like this game...

But literally every game I've played has been me and between 1-4 afk people staying in the spawn. I have yet to play a PvP match that didn't end with a level 1 on my team who never moved.

Is there any way to report the botters? This seems to be a scourge on this game as far as I can tell.

At least if there was a way to kick these losers there wouldn't be so much incentive to do this. Maybe start allowing vote kicks at the 5 minute mark and only against people who have yet to leave the spawn. At least motivate them to do something...

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-29-2013

There is a system called Leaverbuster that tracks players who disconnect from games or stay idle in games, and issues temporary bans against them. It is VERY aggressive against low level accounts. If a level 1 player joins a game and just sits there or disconnects, they probably got banned immediately afterward.

Also, you get no IP or XP for games where you were marked as a leaver, so there is already no incentive for people to join games and go afk.

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

report them. their account will get banned. this is less of a problem the higher lvl you get

TehomCD

01-29-2013

This is a huge problem at level 1, both from people who are so new to the game that they don't know leaving/afking is punishable, and people who don't care since it's a new account. Both problems disappear with dramatic speed as you play more games, since the Leaverbuster system will ban any chronic leavers/afkers.

Cloaked Figure

Recruiter

01-29-2013

I know it feels like the leavers are always the ones on your team, but statistically there's a 5/9 chance that any given leaver will be on the other team. Don't leave, do your best, and you'll climb out of the newbly masses.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueSkillz View Post
report them. their account will get banned. this is less of a problem the higher lvl you get
I forgot to mention that too. At the end of game screen, you can report someone for "Leaving the game/AFK". Click the red icon next to their name on the top right of the result screen. If their name is red instead of white, that means that that game was counted as a Leave for them rather than a win or a loss, so it's a little redundant to report them in that case, but go ahead.