Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

State of Player Behavior on the PBE - Present and Future

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PanzerZero

01-29-2013

I'm very glad to be reading this. The last match I played, the enemy team had a Kass that never connected, and the Thresh was horribly offensive in all chat because of it. Happy to see that my reports will soon be making a difference!

BadgerDrool

01-29-2013

Quote:
Lyte:

In saying this, I don't think enforcing a Level 30 restriction on a live account ensures a great tester on the PBE--I'm more interested in metrics such as how positive players are and how these players impact the experiences of those around them. In many cases we'll need testers of all skill levels and all level ranges to properly test features, so tying sign-ups to just Level 30 wouldn't make much sense.

I don't think 30 makes sense because I think the value of a non-PBE account requirement is simply making sure someone has played a bunch. Nobody should hop straight into PBE and skip the live servers entirely. There's little value in what they will learn as a new player and they may get in the way simply by trying to learn. Part of the problem is that everyone is starting totally fresh in a new pool and all at once. Ranked at least forces 30 levels of time for people to develop. I'd suggest a hard requirement of say level 10. Something pretty loose. (Well, really, a "learning" server is an interesting idea that could enable a mentor program in a controlled positive environment. I'm inadvertently kinda arguing newbies should be fed to the live wolves rather then the PBE wolves...)

Personally I'm very happy to hear this. Super excited. I've wanted to test more but I've had some very unpleasant games on PBE. I tend to get an understanding of a new champion and changes but little more.

I am Apex

01-29-2013

praise the lord our savior has come

GTyyy

01-29-2013

THANK YOU. Ever since I started playing on the PBE there is like a 70% chance I will get an extremely toxic player or somebody who just doesn't play or rage quits. This is really good news.

Desideral

01-29-2013

What effect will this have on the Tribunal system?

Shyuroshio

01-29-2013

Nice to hear. From my experiences of the PBE, people seemed to rage at each other more than the live servers.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-29-2013

Quote:
Potato of War:
I'm a bit concerned with the leaver buster tho. Not only mine, but a lot of PBE clients out there have a somehow consistent crash/bugsplat cases. Some patches ago (Draven release I think) I got crashs in about 50/50 games on the loading screen, and the game didnt reconnected at all until it ends or everyone leaves.

Please, just take it into consideration with the leaver buster.

We'll take a look at LeaverBuster on the PBE. We may have to make some adjustments given the nature of bugsplats, and ensure that it only hits consistent leavers.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-29-2013

Quote:
Arblis:
Hm. I might go back to testing PBE stuff with this little update!

... Though what'd really do it for me is more of the Focused Testing Times like when Spectator Mode was in beta. Personally, I'm waaaay better at testing and bug-checking and being helpful when there's a specific goal or feature that's in the forefront of everyone's minds.

Focused testing times are very much a possibility--in fact, you might find Rioters during these times...

YSRS

01-29-2013

Quote:
Lyte:
Focused testing times are very much a possibility--in fact, you might find Rioters during these times...

A thought came to my mind. With the PBE server would it be possible for Rioters to set up Test Matches?

I define a "Test Match" to be something where they can fully customize the match,

Changing champions/spawning champions/spawning minons/ changing other players champions/changing items of champions/ unlimited gold etc.

With the goal of testing a specific bug or feature or item and so forth.

Would you know of any plans /what are your thoughts on the above?

Rumble Senpai

01-29-2013

I had stopped playing on PBE because of the toxicity. I'm very glad to hear about this, and will probably start testing again as a result