Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

State of Player Behavior on the PBE - Present and Future

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MephyRunsAllDay

01-29-2013

I'm a bit concerned with the leaver buster tho. Not only mine, but a lot of PBE clients out there have a somehow consistent crash/bugsplat cases. Some patches ago (Draven release I think) I got crashs in about 50/50 games on the loading screen, and the game didnt reconnected at all until it ends or everyone leaves.

Please, just take it into consideration with the leaver buster.

Duriel

Recruiter

01-29-2013

that system will go live as in live on na/euw/eune etc? or live on pbe?

o.O

White Widow

01-29-2013

Quote:
Lyte:
To us, the PBE is a premium server

everyone let's move to that server

Crunchdoggie

01-29-2013

I'd care but I've never been able to sign up for the goddamn thing.

Lpxd

Recruiter

01-29-2013

Have you tried ip bans or the like? I'd think most league players would not go to the trouble of buying a vpn.

Bazditbek

01-29-2013

Quote:
Lpxd:
Have you tried ip bans or the like? I'd think most league players would not go to the trouble of buying a vpn.

Won't work, $10 is apparently chump money for most of the players around.

Arblis

01-29-2013

Hm. I might go back to testing PBE stuff with this little update!

... Though what'd really do it for me is more of the Focused Testing Times like when Spectator Mode was in beta. Personally, I'm waaaay better at testing and bug-checking and being helpful when there's a specific goal or feature that's in the forefront of everyone's minds.

SlitYourWrist

01-29-2013

Quote:
Lyte:
The current system on PBE will start off conservative, then ramp up in aggressiveness over time. We are going to manually review the data from the initial bans until we are confident that the system has an extremely high accuracy in the 99% range--once we reach that mark, we will loosen up the manual review over every ban.

Given the failure of manual review on the normal servers, how are you planning to ensure a higher level of competency for PBE reviews?

Rayquaza2233

Recruiter

01-29-2013

Quote:
Lyte:
The current system on PBE will start off conservative, then ramp up in aggressiveness over time. We are going to manually review the data from the initial bans until we are confident that the system has an extremely high accuracy in the 99% range--once we reach that mark, we will loosen up the manual review over every ban.

Three confidence intervals? You really want a good system :P

bryjow123

01-29-2013

Quote:
Lpxd:

Ever heard of dynamic IP addresses?

a) I am able to change my IP simply by unplugging my modem overnight.
b) You're potentially screwing over a new or current player that gets a banned IP address when it was switched by someone completing point a).