Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

State of Player Behavior on the PBE - Present and Future

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myrkr Lokidottir

01-29-2013

Quote:
Lyte:
The current system on PBE will start off conservative, then ramp up in aggressiveness over time. We are going to manually review the data from the initial bans until we are confident that the system has an extremely high accuracy in the 99% range--once we reach that mark, we will loosen up the manual review over every ban.

This is a great innovation, and I'm glad to see it being implemented! Thank you for taking care of your gamers and your PBE testers, the latter of which work very hard to make sure the RIOT team knows of any and all bugs we can find so they're fixed before going Live.

Keep up the awesome work, and we'll keep testing and finding bugs.

Splinterheart

01-29-2013

Quote:
Lyte:
The current system on PBE will start off conservative, then ramp up in aggressiveness over time. We are going to manually review the data from the initial bans until we are confident that the system has an extremely high accuracy in the 99% range--once we reach that mark, we will loosen up the manual review over every ban.

Thanks for answering Lyte. ^_^
I'm enjoying the idea of this system, as do many. Here's hoping it works to the best!

dafedidi

01-29-2013

Wow Dr Lyte. Awesome.

Justice will be made !

Bandicoot

01-29-2013

This makes me happy, I just had 4 AFK, one of them a trash talker, on my team.

Theme321

01-29-2013

Great implement to PBE

InfamousOrange

01-29-2013

This is very exciting! I just played a game today that a guy wasn't playing well started flaming and his toxic behavior started infecting his own team. He left the game with the infamous "It's PBE, it doesn't matter report me I don't give a @&%$!" So glad people wont get away with that anymore.

PerfectBeast

01-29-2013

A system that would help alot and minimize the toxicness (imo) is the queues for match making, forcing you to play public matches (for X amount of time or X amount of games), if you get banned after being set on a "trial" you get harsher bans, this including 2 weeks ban and such. Also I think that the launcher should have like a hidden switch that tells makes it so if you are banned you can't play until you are unbanned (for timebans). Or make it so if you "subscribe" accounts to your normal account, you get IP for them or something, but when you're banned non of those accounts can be used.

Sebsin8

01-29-2013

I'm glad you guys have finally done this. I've always liked testing and seeing new content but, when I have a bunch of people yelling and trolling when they don't get mid it makes me go back to the live servers.

NumbSe7en

01-29-2013

Thank you so much. I have always been slightly sad with leavers on the PBE but now I don't have to be. I am curious however as to whether the insta-bans will result from one player who could be reporting just to be a troll or a certain amount like 4-5 a game.

IS1dacfae952691547dc99a

01-29-2013

Great news to hear.