Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

State of Player Behavior on the PBE - Present and Future

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashurion

02-06-2013

Quote:
PotterPan:
Instead of Punishing toxic players, why not Reward players for their Good behavior! Rewards that they can use in LIVE servers. Not just in PBE. Perhaps that will work. the Honor initiative somehow works right? But that is not enough in PBE. "Human Nature" is the key! go figure! hehe

Why not both?

Quote:
HeyJiggaJay:
As for other punishments: would you consider IP handicaps as a punishment? If a player is being toxic then they might have a daily IP cap or a limit-per-game how much IP they can receive. That way they would have to actively work off a penalty debt in order to lift the punishment.

It has some flaws, but just tossing it out there.

You get free RP and IP every week, so I don't see how this exactly is a punishment.

LilB GodSwag

02-07-2013

The PBE is a luxury.. Ever since they reopened signup, I get trolls every game.. I don't feel like the ban system is working. I can't even test things cause people rage so hard.

Blessed Contessa

02-07-2013

thank godness! so sick of trolls in pbe =(

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-07-2013

Quote:
TheLarrBear:
i have the exact same situation as Montysmoney, ive played 10-12 ranked games in the last 2 days and almost half of them have been 3v5 where im on the team with 3, the other half have been 4v5 where im on the team with 4, and every single one of these games there was a minimum of 1 toxic player on either team. most of these toxic players did nothing but blame others and spam things like"idiot noob!" or "ks, i report u" throughout the entire game, but there were a few that took things too far and were using racism and more swears in one sentence than rappers do.

im also worried that the huge amount of reports i made these last 2 days will somehow mark my account as one of the "troll reporters" who just reports everyone for everything, even though in my opinion i was reporting players for legitimate reasons.

I wouldn't worry about reporting too many players initially; there's a higher number of toxic players on PBE currently compared to other servers, and it'll take a few weeks to remove most of them from the community. If you are legitimately reporting toxic players, you won't have any problems even if you report 100 players in 100 games.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-07-2013

Quote:
linkmariobob:
Lyte, When this system is fully operational will the PBE begin with regular sign up times again?

This is definitely a possibility. We want to ensure that PBE is a strong and enjoyable testing environment before we completely open up the server.

Devindor

02-07-2013

The PBE is absolutely horrible. I've been on and off playing games there for months and not once have I had a decent game. Just had one where our Sona was raging the entire game because the enemy wouldn't /equalize so he could go AD Sona and stop feeding. I think I'm done with it again for a few months I hope by then this automated ban system kicks in and most of the toxic players are dealt with

vladtehinhalr

02-07-2013

Quote:
Lyte:
I wouldn't worry about reporting too many players initially; there's a higher number of toxic players on PBE currently compared to other servers, and it'll take a few weeks to remove most of them from the community. If you are legitimately reporting toxic players, you won't have any problems even if you report 100 players in 100 games.

I feel like i'm reporting about 8-10 players a day in the ~3-4 pbe games I play, mostly for abuse and taunting. Glad to hear it's being taken into account and I'm looking forward to the new system being implemented.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-08-2013

There are times I love Lyte...

Yup, that's it, there are no other times.

Phallicies

02-08-2013

@lyte: is it possible to tell us how many toxic players have been eliminated/banned/punished since this has been put into effect, or give us some stats on it. I'm extremely curious, as well as I think it would be a good reinforcement tool for people who still think that its "just" PBE.

Reimunyan

02-09-2013

Finally... Maybe now it'll cut out some of the horrid trolls and other people who ruin the experience.