Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

State of Player Behavior on the PBE - Present and Future

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PotterPan

02-03-2013

Instead of Punishing toxic players, why not Reward players for their Good behavior! Rewards that they can use in LIVE servers. Not just in PBE. Perhaps that will work. the Honor initiative somehow works right? But that is not enough in PBE. "Human Nature" is the key! go figure! hehe

Steven Segal

02-03-2013

I hope this will make this pbe more enjoyable and a more better environment to test and not worry about a teammates words or actions, preventing you from your job on the pbe.

Montysmoney

02-03-2013

Lyte, Zero tolerance for toxicity needs to start kicking in. I am montymoney10 on PBE and 75% of my games have a leaver or big time troll or afk. Really hard to test stuff and give feedback when you cant get a decent game. I am trying to use the new mac client. Please start doing this zero tolerance stuff.

TheLarrBear

02-03-2013

i have the exact same situation as Montysmoney, ive played 10-12 ranked games in the last 2 days and almost half of them have been 3v5 where im on the team with 3, the other half have been 4v5 where im on the team with 4, and every single one of these games there was a minimum of 1 toxic player on either team. most of these toxic players did nothing but blame others and spam things like"idiot noob!" or "ks, i report u" throughout the entire game, but there were a few that took things too far and were using racism and more swears in one sentence than rappers do.

im also worried that the huge amount of reports i made these last 2 days will somehow mark my account as one of the "troll reporters" who just reports everyone for everything, even though in my opinion i was reporting players for legitimate reasons.

IS1dd97843c55b5ab2db12a

02-04-2013

Lyte, if the team does decide to play around with linking live accounts to PBE, would only NA players be considered, or will you guys do something about the people from other countries who contribute to the server?

DLChade

02-04-2013

Great to hear! I finally fixed the bug that kept me from logging into forums just to say this hehe

Rycko

02-04-2013

Thank you so much for this! I recently just joined the PBE and i was completely in awe at how toxic the majority of the PBE seemed. Out of my first 5 placement games for the ranked League system, 4 of them had leavers on my team and i was placed into a bracket which i dominate games in. Continuous leavers and rage quitters however, make it very hard to carry my team to victory.

Another big issue for me on the PBE is that in champion select, there are way too many cry babies who literally say they will troll if they can not go mid, or can not get their desired roll. Out of the 5 games i have played, 3 of them i was forced into a roll i did not want, despite being first or second pick. Is there some way to monitor this too?

Jewtea

02-06-2013

I'm glad that the toxicity levels of the PBE will be decreasing. They are definitely something that put me off from testing there sometimes.

linkmariobob

02-06-2013

Lyte, When this system is fully operational will the PBE begin with regular sign up times again?

HeyJiggaJay

02-06-2013

As for other punishments: would you consider IP handicaps as a punishment? If a player is being toxic then they might have a daily IP cap or a limit-per-game how much IP they can receive. That way they would have to actively work off a penalty debt in order to lift the punishment.

It has some flaws, but just tossing it out there.