Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

State of Player Behavior on the PBE - Present and Future

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ResistImpulse

01-31-2013

Quote:
Lyte:
In many cases we'll need testers of all skill levels and all level ranges to properly test features, so tying sign-ups to just Level 30 wouldn't make much sense.

I am a newer player that has accrued more than my fair share of crashes using iLoL. This left me with a leaver buster level 2 before I noticed the box that recommends playing a custom game by yourself before going to the regular matches (doh).

I NOW know better when playing after an update, patch or client issue. I am still hesitant to play on the live server before this mac client is up and working. Is there a way I can get a PBE account created? I have probably spent more time in forums trying to get the game to run properly on my macbook pro and then figuring out how to play the new client than I have spent in game.

Coming into this environment on a mac (using a track pad at first) was VERY challenging. I would much rather help play test in the Public Beta Envrionment but cannot find how to make an account for it. I have had my laptop downloading like crazy for the past 24 hours till I finally got the new client working and now I just want IN.

If a "Red" or other experienced player could be helpful in guiding me, a mac user, into getting to USE the new client I would greatly appreciate all the help.

Thank you!

ocnus

01-31-2013

If automatically detecting misbehavior works well, do you expect to remove the tribunal in the future?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-31-2013

Quote:
ocnus:
If automatically detecting misbehavior works well, do you expect to remove the tribunal in the future?

I don't think so. Tackling player behavior properly requires many different systems and solutions. The Tribunal is great at reforming or removing the worst behaving players in the game; however, its weaknesses are that it cannot provide immediate feedback on a player's behavior, and it cannot provide any feedback to players who are occasionally toxic, but not toxic enough to enter the Tribunal.

We don't believe there's a silver bullet to player behavior, which is why we have spent a lot of time behind the scenes mapping out all the problem spaces, and brainstorming how we intend to challenge and solve each one. Some systems or features may solve multiple problems, but some may be designed to specifically solve just 1 problem.

Thornmaelstrom

01-31-2013

Quote:
Lyte:

We don't believe there's a silver bullet to player behavior, which is why we have spent a lot of time behind the scenes mapping out all the problem spaces, and brainstorming how we intend to challenge and solve each one. Some systems or features may solve multiple problems, but some may be designed to specifically solve just 1 problem.

the 'Cocktail' approach is classic, and classy. If you can't solve a multi-faceted problem with a simple solution, why not something equally complex? Leavebuster still feels too lax, though...

ResistImpulse

01-31-2013

Is it possible to reduce the team size from 5v5 to 4v4 when you have an early sign of an AFK or leave game issue. Have a voluntary option that shows the system that you will allow yourself to get booted within the first 2 minutes if the need arises because of a 4 man team on the other side?

slamor

01-31-2013

Quote:
ResistImpulse:
Is it possible to reduce the team size from 5v5 to 4v4 when you have an early sign of an AFK or leave game issue. Have a voluntary option that shows the system that you will allow yourself to get booted within the first 2 minutes if the need arises because of a 4 man team on the other side?

Lyte, what is your opinion on this idea?

Mr Mystical

02-01-2013

I can't believe I didn't see this post --- so happy to see this! Thank you Thank you ...and Thank you. Whatever help you need let us know. I love testing on the PBE and doing it with players that care and really trying to help and make a good game experience is what we need on the PBE --- it should be something earned and something valued and maybe even near our names on the forums we have a PBE tester badge or some recognition for the work we do to help test the system changes.

Oh and I do think our accounts should link somehow.

Hi Im Prusten

Recruiter

02-01-2013

With my luck that 1% misplacer will ban me XD

Kyetahnicus

02-01-2013

"As an example, we have implemented a system on PBE that will automatically detect toxic behaviors and ban the players the same day."-Lyte
Does this mean that people will be able to report you for no reason, and you could get banned from it, because there is a lot of trolls that would do this on the PBE :\

Ashurion

02-02-2013

Quote:
Kyetahnicus:
"As an example, we have implemented a system on PBE that will automatically detect toxic behaviors and ban the players the same day."-Lyte
Does this mean that people will be able to report you for no reason, and you could get banned from it, because there is a lot of trolls that would do this on the PBE :\

That would depend on what it takes into account before banning you and it is doubtful they would allow players to be banned based off of number of reports alone.