Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

State of Player Behavior on the PBE - Present and Future

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExaltedVanguard

01-30-2013

Quote:
Lyte:
To us, the PBE is a premium server where we expect more from our players, and the standards of player behavior can be higher than the live platforms.

I like everything I read except this.

Why shouldn't we hold everyone to the same standards?

I would totally understand, "This is a pilot run and is on PBE for testing, but it will eventually make it to live," but I don't agree with confining higher standards to just the PBE. Raise the standards everywhere.

Deadstrikes

01-30-2013

Thats great to hear I haven't encounter much toxic behavior on the PBE myself but then again I could just be lucky. Is that same system going to go on live soon or is it just PBE only?

Tigre the Legend

01-30-2013

So excited to hear this news, this should make beta testing much more pleasant!

x Bandit x

01-30-2013

Just got out of a game where I watched a person call top, then follow mid around, take his farm, follow mid up to top after mid bailed so he could get farm, clamored after him saying "please come back i need you" and all around caused one of the worst experiences I have had in the PBE. My worst thought is that this guy will get to continue doing this all night and abusing the system until he gets enough reports.

Honestly, it just speaks to the need that there should be a filtering process of some sort. When registrations open, there shouldn't be "anyone who makes an account gets in" because you'll get too many people that go "free content!!" It's a shame, too, because the whole point of this is to help create a better live environment.

I am very glad for the approach by the Riot crew, and I hope the ban hammer swings hard throughout the PBE before registrations ever open again.

Edit: If someone's toxicity is so bad and we have a "zero tolerance" rule against it, then why do they only get a 7 day ban? In a week, they just go back to terrorizing the PBE. That was the perfect time to purge trolls. Swing the hammer mightily or don't swing it at all.

Grammatizator

01-30-2013

Thanks so much for this. People are so toxic on the pbe seeing how they can get away with anything with little to no cost and can just afk if they feel like it and play on the regular servers.

Lucidness

01-30-2013

this is a good idea! maybe in the future a "less harsh" version will be implemented in the live servers. maybe something based on how many times you say a toxic word within a certain time frame? (like saying fk 10 times in 2 games) xD idk, something small as an idea..

The Soraka

01-31-2013

Just me Soraka joined the room.
LoveAndHappiness joined the room.
Manticore7 joined the room.
NikoGamer14 joined the room.
Sw Lykia joined the room.
Manticore7: mid
NikoGamer14: top
NikoGamer14: top
LoveAndHappiness: hi, would like jungle
Sw Lykia: mid
Manticore7: i am mid
Sw Lykia: i say firs
Just me Soraka: no you didnt
Manticore7: lol see chat
Just me Soraka: actually
Just me Soraka: manticore said it long before you
Manticore7: TEAM WHO SAID FIRST MID?
Sw Lykia: me
Just me Soraka: manticore
LoveAndHappiness: regardless of who called it first-
Just me Soraka: why would you ban xin zhao.
Manticore7: **** u Sw, i wish u get cancer and die u fakin troll retarded noob
LoveAndHappiness: manticore is still first in poick order
Manticore7: shut up now
Just me Soraka: hey manticore
Just me Soraka: they are banning people on pbe now
Just me Soraka: you can't be toxic here
Just me Soraka: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3058121
Manticore7: i got 2 otjer accounts so o dont care
Manticore7: "{
Just me Soraka: they will ban those too
Manticore7: they cant find them
Just me Soraka: they can
Just me Soraka: you will be just as toxic there as you are on this one
Manticore7: nope
Manticore7: no
Manticore7: in this i flame only
Manticore7: the other one i got is platinunm here, dont wanna lose it ;P
Just me Soraka: well

Kárl

01-31-2013

i played with manticore once. major idiot

Rorzaa

01-31-2013

as a newer player to the pbe who is genuinely interested in improving the game it is very hard to do so when i cant progress in ranked due to the amount of leavers/toxic players i have had my first 4 games in ranked losses due to a min of 2 leavers on my team or just a team full of trolls. thank you for implementing a new punishment system i hope to see improvements in the pbe in the next coming weeks

pLèÿ26

01-31-2013

when or is PBE going to open up again for registration and download?