A few questions about Jayce..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dexiify

01-29-2013

1.) Is he a viable top? What are his counters?
2.) Seen him in mid recently, How does he do in mid? Counters?
3.) Can he be played as an ADC?
4.) Is he a good dueler?

Also, Just what do you think of him in general? I bought him recently but never got around to playing him.

ImJustEvan

01-29-2013

Jayce in my opinion is perhaps the most versatile top lane champ in the game atm. He is currently a champion who can deny most common strong top picks while also scaling INSANELY well into late game due to his kit. So if you've had problems with champions like Darius or Riven, learning to dominate with Jayce could possibly change your luck with those said champs. Yes, he can be played mid quite well but if not given blue could have some mana problems trying to harrass. In bot lane he's a pretty strong adc pick if you're in the right matchups, otherwise his range alone will allow him to get destroyed. Now as dueling is concerned you must realize Jayce has everything to keep an enemy subdued, to give his team mobility, and some decent poke. Late game yea if hes built right he can destroy a lot of champs 1v1 but until you get some items learn his strengths and weakneses as well as who to go into skirmishes with as you will approach some champs different than others with his skills.

ImJustEvan

01-29-2013

Also I feel he's extremely OP atm so get some good games while you can

Skaliton

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexiify View Post
1.) Is he a viable top? What are his counters?
2.) Seen him in mid recently, How does he do in mid? Counters?
3.) Can he be played as an ADC?
4.) Is he a good dueler?

Also, Just what do you think of him in general? I bought him recently but never got around to playing him.

1) he doesn't really get countered
2) never tried
3) yes in certain comps and scenarios
4) at level 1-2 he is 1 of the strongest duelers, after that he beats alot but can lose (remember he has a disengage)

Eloquid

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJustEvan View Post
Also I feel he's extremely OP atm so get some good games while you can
That's what you feel.

TERRORIST WlNS

01-30-2013

I think Olaf can counter him, nasus, yorick

Bwuk Im Gary

01-30-2013

Nasus #1 jayce counter. enjoy the year slow.

Nishaven90

01-30-2013

1.) Is he a viable top? What are his counters? - He's best at top lane, gets countered by no one really, entirely skill dependant matchup.
2.) Seen him in mid recently, How does he do in mid? Counters? - Not too sure on this.
3.) Can he be played as an ADC? - Yes, both in bot lane and top as a crit bruiser like GP.
4.) Is he a good dueler? - Not really until he gets damage items.