Anti AD version of maw of malmortis desired

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuko Prince

01-29-2013

this is a popular item on ad carries, just came out of a game with a wukong who got this to buffer his damage and provide solid defense against casters nuking him down and he dominated bot lane in dominion against my viktor

It's a great item because they get to build more AD while getting nice resistance and a defensive bubble that triggers when their health gets too low. Sloppy mistake, ITS K, here is my bubble to make my life of auto attacks easier.

Instead of complaining though, I want to propose a caster equivalent that would be just as annoying to AD carries.

make an item that gives ap, and in the place of a shield, when the bearers receives attack damage that would take the wearer below 30% health they would instead receive

STONE SKIN

this would work similarly to the way stoneskin works in baldurs gate 2, any physical attack striking the bearer would remove a layer of stone skin for each attack instead of doing any damage to the user. Once the layers of stone skin were removed through successive attacks or the timer ran out, the player would receive attack damage as normal.

I am not sure how long this stone skin effect should last, though I guess a similar 5s would be ok, AD is a continuous thing and that is alot of auto attacks that would be negated for that time range. The number of layers is open to debate based on balance issues.

I think this would be the perfect counter item to those AD attackers who have little to fear from rushing in to auto attack a caster. characters like wukong in particular often target low health high damage casters, negate the potential death trades with their maw of malmortis (though usually his damage is so high and his escape so useful even without that he is not in danger) and basically assault them with low risk high reward plays. This item would mitigate that type of cheese.

Thoughts?

BetesBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Zhonya's Hourglass?

Keshaldra

01-29-2013

Trade you for an AP Thornmail?

NintendoAsh

01-29-2013

Like Karma's passive? Oh wait no, who is Karma.....?

Mors Martell

01-29-2013

It's coming soon (tm)

Riot said that they are planning on releasing an early-mid game ap + armor item that's Much cheaper than zhonyas.

Zuko Prince

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshaldra View Post
Trade you for an AP Thornmail?

Interesting that you mention thornmail, this item I propose would be more potent against slow attacking, but HEAVIER attacking AD. If they attacked too fast the layers of stone skin would be knocked away pretty quickly, this is another way in which it is not inherently op.

Zuko Prince

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoAsh View Post
Like Karma's passive? Oh wait no, who is Karma.....?

... how does any of this relate to karmas passive ?

M3TASH33P

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvbaby View Post
It's coming soon (tm)

Riot said that they are planning on releasing an early-mid game ap + armor item that's Much cheaper than zhonyas.
Next patch dude

"Seekers Armguard
Cost 1160

+30 Armor
+25 Ability Power

Unique passive: Killing a unit grants .5 armor and ability power. Stacks 30 times"

Builds into zhonyas as well, its like a thresh passive XD

Zuko Prince

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvbaby View Post
It's coming soon (tm)

Now that has me worried, if it is just ap/armor I am not sure it would ever have the same power as maw of malmortis. If it started as ap/armor, but built into something with that sort of unique stoneskin passive, that would be a phenomenal anti AD defensive item that casters dont have. thornmail is powerful defense, but it does not grant ap, there are still tradeoffs. There are kind of none with maw of malmortis.

Noric

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetesBro View Post
Zhonya's Hourglass?
This. They already have a hexdrinker-like item on pbe that builds into zhonyas.