What was the right move?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoodJobDino

01-29-2013

In a game I was mid, our jungler helped bot and then stuck around in their tri bush to await another gank. I called MIA mid, as well as pinging bottom to be careful. (Our top was pushed to his turret) Sure enough the mia mid showed up and killer our lingering jungler. This enemy had recalled btw.

So my teammate claims that I was in the wrong. That I should have come bot to help, rather than pushing my lane.

I say I warned multiple times, and that she simply overstayed her welcome. Just so I know for the future, what should I have done?

adc

01-29-2013

Put up wards and shove your lane if you don't want to go fight him - otherwise go help.

FrazzledMelon

01-29-2013

If you saw the mid head bot, that would be one thing. But you said he recalled, so you had no idea where he was.

On the other hand, if your jungler had been messing around in that area for awhile, and you had reason to believe they knew he was still there, you might have expected it.

It's really hard to call a decision good or bad without the whole picture.

Usually it's the jungler who gets blamed though, so take it graciously. :-)

Mich567

01-29-2013

I would have told the jungler (respectfully) that he had made a mistake... I mean, it's ok to stay and farm if they decide go down and try to get a kill while you can easily prevent it. You get some extra farm and nobody dies as long as the jungler followed your warning.
Not sure what you mean by "this enemy had recalled"... did the enemy mid pretend to recall and then actually go bot?

Drakojan

01-29-2013

Depends. If I'm playing Eve and I see Zyra head bot, I'll follow her, but act as if I'm going top. If I'm playing Zyra and Eve goes bot, I'm pinging and shoving, I'm not going anywhere near that.
Lol, I'm a puss. but seriously, it depends on who it is.

GoodJobDino

01-29-2013

@Mich. The enemy Orianna recalled.

And this is all good advice. As I said, I called MIA but only pinged bot as top was pushed to their tower. So I suppose I had a gut feeling they may head bot since our jungler had just helped them kill the adc. So maybe I should have gone down to help. Oh well. We still won. Just curious. Thank you!

Treza

01-29-2013

from what i can see i think you did the right thing.. sometimes its just not feasible to follow your lane mates. for example they could be fed and you risk getting caught yourself, their jungler could be near and youre stuck in a 1v2, sounds to me like the jungler just overstayed their welcome

some times you stick around and push a turret, other times you count your gold as you back with your gained advantage. there are so many factors that go into everything so it isnt really a mistake on either players part

a lot of people dont realize that there are 2 sides of the coin in every play.. just because someone dies or loses an objective doesnt mean they did something dumb or made a bad play. some times its just a case of the enemy made a *good* play and pressed their own advantage. sometimes nobody is at fault, the enemy just coordinated and executed a strategy and it worked

SilentSir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Your jungler is dumb. You should be pushing harder to pressure the mid to come back mid. Your jungler is making the assumption the bush he was in was not warded, which it clearly was. Even if your mid was going bot, you should still hard push mid in this situation.

Your jungler is wasting time waiting in that bush for another gank. (For the record I need to know if you're purple or blue to see how much exactly of a waste of a time this was. If you were blue team. he completely wasted his time and got himself killed. If you were purple, he only got himself killed and wasted some of his time.

On a situation like this, your jungler should know not to waste time waiting for a gank. To have improved your gameplay here, you should have informed your jungler not to waste time, or bottom lane should've said so. You should've then mentioned an option he could've done. If I perceived that mid was going back, I would've said "optimal time to get dragon. Bot injured and mid back." but these are mostly his responsibilities. On the other hand, if he was going for buff, you should have left and protected him from mid.

SeCKS Egai

01-29-2013

"Blame the jungler!"

But seriously - that's all on jungler and the bot lane. Sitting anywhere in high priority ward spots is just asking to be killed.

Coming from someone familiar with every role, I would assume the bush is warded or that there was enough vision that it was clear I was in the bush.

I really hate to say it, but the jungler had his/her own self to blame for that. Wouldn't be such a big deal, but its bad enough the jungle gets blamed for everything, a jungler shouldn't be playing the blame game too and know when it was his/her own fault.

OhSavior

01-29-2013

I hate getting blamed when an enemy in my lane recalls and then goes straight to a different lane, as if I'm supposed to know.

But no, you were not in the wrong.