Leona Jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

omegam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terd Ferguson View Post
What? Amumu and Maokai do not fill the same role. Amumu is an AP/Tank who initiates team fights and often steals kills from his dps (not saying this is entirely bad, a fed amumu is scary), Maokai is a support tank and is all about getting his allies as fed as possible and peeling in team fights. Maokai is much closer to Leona in role sorta like how Malphite is much closer to Amumu in role.
I think you still failed to see the point I was making, I wasnt being serious on how alike mumu and mao were, I was pointing out that talking about other champs being better means nothing in this post. This post is not about who is better at jungling then leona but how to jungle her in the first place. Nothing more then that.

Dark Kuno

02-05-2013

The problem with Leona jungle is the same problem she's always had as anything other than support.

Her ability damage is balanced around her passive's damage, but she has no direct access to that damage alone.

Her ganks are really strong, unfortunately, her slow jungle clear speed due to having no access to 40-50% of her on paper damage potential when alone means she'd easy to counter jungle and would falls ridiculously behind to any other jungler with better speed.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2261535

Longest running and most informative/rational Leona discussion on the forum.

I'm honestly surprised it hasn't gotten a single red comment yet.

Terd Ferguson

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegam0 View Post
I think you still failed to see the point I was making, I wasnt being serious on how alike mumu and mao were, I was pointing out that talking about other champs being better means nothing in this post. This post is not about who is better at jungling then leona but how to jungle her in the first place. Nothing more then that.
I understand what you are saying, and in my original post I stated that she CAN jungle which is what this thread was originally about. I only made a suggestion that even though she can jungle, she doesn't do it as well as some others who would fill a similar role in team fighting. I don't think there was anything wrong with making that suggestion, in fact suggestions from other players, and trying out new champions is how players get better. It's very possible that I was suggesting to the OP that if he wants to play a jungle champion similar to Leona that may be a bit stronger in the jungle then Maokai is a good choice. Nothing more than that, nothing less.

JesseIandrum

07-08-2013

I have been jungling leona with great success recently. I run attack speed and ad in offense(9 points) and 21 points in defense. My runes are ad reds armor yellows mr/l blues and ms quints, R>w>q>e I take w q then e at levels 1-3 and pretty much just gank as much as possible. I buy spirit of the ancient golem mobility boots and frozen fist as my core, generally sunfire abyssal and warmogs or some other tank items end game

Teh Cuddlez

07-08-2013

just never try it against an enemy jungle nunu. life=miserable

6odwin

07-08-2013

ive jungled leona alot in ranked and i run alot more utility than other people are suggesting. instead of going stone builds you build into wriggles to help your clear time and get movement speed to help you move faster and gank more often. leona has what she needs to clear even if its slow but you jungle her for ganks so the best way would to make sure her ganks are good and frequent

Zatchmo

09-14-2013

Hybrid pen Marks, AD quints, armor and MR for rest of runes. Go down offensive tree getting both AP and AD pen and the rest in defense to stay in jungle. She does a lot of dmge early and you can get tanky fast. It works.

Katamari Skill

09-15-2013

I use support for jungle often jungle Leona is pretty good but I gotta say jungle Janna ganks are top tier.

Paradrakor

09-15-2013

Maybe they changed this but I remember Leona's passive not being proc'd by her own attacks...

Fargo79

09-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradrakor View Post
Maybe they changed this but I remember Leona's passive not being proc'd by her own attacks...
you are right... however IF you build ad tank items instead of going straight AP tank items you will be more of a threat and clear jungle a lot faster..