Leona Jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Splorchess

Member

02-04-2013

In case your up for another strange jungle I've used blitzcrank as a ganker jungle. Just like leona his clear times early on suck, but if your good with skill shots he's another /win button for destroying people. He's another one where people will call you a troll though if you pick him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The PKK Revenge

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Okay, I didn't read through all this, sorry. Just wanted to say a few things. One, I forget exactly who said it but someone was messing around with Leona jungle and said that they could complete the first clear by 4 minutes. The key is the Q. When used right you can actually do a triple attack with it. Hit with an AA, hit the Q, then if you spam right click she will do a fast AA again.

As for the passive part, not sure if there's been any progress but Riot has heard this plea. Morello stated that he's talking to the live team about her proc'ing her passive on minions and/or jungle creeps. He did say though, that it's been brought up before and the live team had some big concerns about it. Just wanted to add all that.

Oh, as for going down the offence tree...I'm not gonna say that's bad because I really don't know. But I think Leona has the ability to be one of the best tanks in the game so it seems like she'd be a lot more useful going full tank. All tank items and taking the defense masteries. If you are good at landing her abilities, and your team proc's her passive after each ability, then she's already adding a decent amount of damage for the team. Just my thoughts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juggernoob

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Alistar is still better in the jungle than her. Her ganks are sweet, but her clear times are utter ****, and would just put your team at a major disadvantage


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

omegam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-05-2013

I tried her again in jungle last night, I think that using tank runes are better then the melee ad runes I was, but the clear time gets slower doing that. Also this is not someone you want to jungle in solo q, only normals or a team ranked as if you are wanting to use her in ranked it takes a ton of coordination. I actually did try it once in ranked as I got tired of how teams are in normals, it was not much better as they always pushed their lanes too much to gank, and leona needs to gank to really be effective. I do think she could be awesome though for a good team if they understand that the first few mobs are going to be super slow for her. Honestly though, her clear time is not the fastest, but I have actually been faster with her then naut. I will say that geting blue buff and keeping it as much as possible is a big deal for her. Without that her clear time is just utter ****. I can also say I never have used all my health pots until I got to lvl 4. I would say thats not too bad, but not great either.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

Senior Member

02-05-2013

WTF faster than Naut? Never. (Naut: Max W or E)

I tried Melona jungle a few times (S3 only) but it isnt only the speed that troubles (I am used to it from Shen and Taric jungling) but also her sustain. In my games I was extremly happy if I was at 150 HP after wraiths first clear.

AFter that I go Wriggle's/Madred's because imho SS is only good on junglers who already have decent clearing times.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

omegam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-05-2013

dont get me wrong, I am not gonna say naut is bad, I am probably just bad at naut. but I am faster with her then I was with him. I will say as well, the rune build and masteries you use for her jungling make a HUGE difference on how your sustain is going to be as well as your clear times. She is also super tricky to get used to on jungling as spamming her abilities helps a ton, so you really need that blue buff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Terd Ferguson

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Leona could jungle, but then you have to ask yourself why not just use Maokai? They both fill a similar role, only Maokai has much more effective ganks (due to his W being a target and not a skill shot, and his Q being an easy knock back ability) and his clear time is much better than Leona's.

At the end of the day, it's not a terrible idea, but others would fill the same purpose only in a better way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

omegam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terd Ferguson View Post
Leona could jungle, but then you have to ask yourself why not just use Maokai? They both fill a similar role, only Maokai has much more effective ganks (due to his W being a target and not a skill shot, and his Q being an easy knock back ability) and his clear time is much better than Leona's.

At the end of the day, it's not a terrible idea, but others would fill the same purpose only in a better way.
Maokai can jungle, you have to ask yourself, why not just use amumu? The both fill a similar role...

you see where I am going here? kind of a pointless reply. This could go on for days. Since the thread is about leona jungling and her viablity as well as seeing how/what we can do with it, why dont we just stay on that topic =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keitterman

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PKK Revenge View Post
Okay, I didn't read through all this, sorry. Just wanted to say a few things. One, I forget exactly who said it but someone was messing around with Leona jungle and said that they could complete the first clear by 4 minutes. The key is the Q. When used right you can actually do a triple attack with it. Hit with an AA, hit the Q, then if you spam right click she will do a fast AA again.
the elder lizard spirit stone is pretty rockin' because that 25% damage increase is to her abilities and her aa, so a W+E will clear wraiths as fast as anyone can. Also, the on-hit true damage DoT + her slower AA speed, actually works together just fine. i mean, if she had a faster aa speed, that would be great, but since she doesn't, she's really maximizing that DoT. Once i have that item, i can do pretty good vs 1v1 most everyone else on the opposing team as long as they aren't fed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PKK Revenge View Post
As for the passive part, not sure if there's been any progress but Riot has heard this plea. Morello stated that he's talking to the live team about her proc'ing her passive on minions and/or jungle creeps. He did say though, that it's been brought up before and the live team had some big concerns about it. Just wanted to add all that.
That's awesome. There's been a lot of ideas thrown out, i wonder which ones they think are good. Can't wait for this actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PKK Revenge View Post
Oh, as for going down the offence tree...I'm not gonna say that's bad because I really don't know. But I think Leona has the ability to be one of the best tanks in the game so it seems like she'd be a lot more useful going full tank. All tank items and taking the defense masteries. If you are good at landing her abilities, and your team proc's her passive after each ability, then she's already adding a decent amount of damage for the team. Just my thoughts.
True she can be a great tank, but she doesn't need the tank masteries to get there, you start with the dmg for your clear time, but build an aegis and such so you are still tanky later in the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Terd Ferguson

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegam0 View Post
Maokai can jungle, you have to ask yourself, why not just use amumu? The both fill a similar role...

you see where I am going here? kind of a pointless reply. This could go on for days. Since the thread is about leona jungling and her viablity as well as seeing how/what we can do with it, why dont we just stay on that topic =)
What? Amumu and Maokai do not fill the same role. Amumu is an AP/Tank who initiates team fights and often steals kills from his dps (not saying this is entirely bad, a fed amumu is scary), Maokai is a support tank and is all about getting his allies as fed as possible and peeling in team fights. Maokai is much closer to Leona in role sorta like how Malphite is much closer to Amumu in role.