Leona Jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keitterman

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegam0 View Post
you guys are making me want to try her jungle now... hmmm
I had tried it in S2 and it was horrible, so maybe it's the S3 changes that make it work.

was really against her, but by stacking AD and building otherwise, it gives her the boost she needs so that her clear time isn't horrible, and her ganks... just wow. If you think amumu is an amazing jungle ganker, Leo wow... as long as she doesn't take forever to clear (and level), her ganks are super amazing. I grabbed an oracles earlier than normal, and literally just either cleared the ward, or killed the lane and moved to the next. I'm definetely gonna do it some more.

omegam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

You are doing this in normals right?

Keitterman

02-04-2013

been trying this moer and more in normals, haven't lost since the first time i tried it (and i still blame that on my team feeding their carries)

I've switched up the runes and masteries as:
movement quints
AD reds
armor yellows
CDR per level blues

I go down the offense tree focusing on dmg and CDR, so i strattle the middle columns a bit, with my excess i grab HP and armor defense tree. I go with flash and ignite for the bonus from mastery ignite, and flash because it's flash.

Starting with machete and five pots,
I've been building Spirit of the Elder Lizard to start, with boots slotted towards my oppenents (either tabi or merc treads, CDR boots if there's a compelling reason to forego the other two)

After that, i preffer to get Aegis, i think it helps my team the most in team fights. other items are on my priorities:

Iceborn Gauntlet (with high cdr it helps leo stick on people), and the sheen aspect is very nice.
Frozen Heart (because it's got CDR and armor and that amazing aura)
Sunfire cape - high HP and aoe dmg is nice on her.

Anyway, that's been working for me. She has very strong ganks, but can be counterjungled, so i just drop some wards at my red and blue when i can (if they are using an aggressive jungler like xin, shy, noc, etc)

It's different to play Leona to a capacity where she can 1v1 people. i didn't think it possible, but with this build, I've managed to go toe-to-toe with a top lane, mid, or catch their jungler, and win 1v1.

Splorchess

02-04-2013

It works in normals alright but I still prefer other characters. I do jungle Kayle or Xin in ranked since they don't need a whole lot of help to clear jungle and can counter jungle with ease.

Keitterman

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorchess View Post
It works in normals alright but I still prefer other characters. I do jungle Kayle or Xin in ranked since they don't need a whole lot of help to clear jungle and can counter jungle with ease.
Yeah I just need to polish the edges and then I'll give it a shot in ranked, I intend to get a good 15-20 games in with her jungle on normals so I can feel pertty compitent in what I'd doing. The reason I'm thinking she is going to be a very viable jungler is because it puts the enemy on such a defense. Her ganks are so strong at lvl 3+ that when she shows up in a lane, most likely someone is gonna die because of the root from her E and the subsequent stun from her Q. It reminds me a lof of jungle amumu with less of a risk because she gets pretty tanky from leveling W primarily, and less failed ganks because E goes through minions. Then her R can be used to catch the one that got away, or ensure a double.

I've been against Leo leaving bot lane since, well, forever, but with the addition of some of these new items (namely the ones i mentioned in the post above), her clear time is just fine and there's not really a lot of drawbacks to her, and again, against people who like to counterjungle, a few wards in her own jungle will turn that against them real fast because if someone is grabbing your buff, E will take you straight in on them.

I went up against a Kha jungler, not only could I make him regret ever entering my land, but every time he would leap, I just threm my E and it would snare him the duration of his invis, which let me follow up with a Q and get a pretty easy kill.

I've been against jungle Leo adamently, but after trying this, it's a lot of fun, andI feel she's a better asset to her team than 0-cs support Leo.

Iced Cream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

OddOne did it a while ago. Her clear times are extremely slow and sort of blue reliant, but she has some of the best ganks, and may rely on successful ganks to keep up.

omegam0

02-04-2013

I have tried this the other day, I used the same rune build I use for my top lane melee. I then used my basic tanky masteries with some ad in it. The one thing I noticed was getting help for wolves then blue, it helped me get a good clear time in jungle as it was gravy after that. The ganks were amazing and I ended up getting the most kills on the team as well (which is odd since I wasnt trying to get the kills but help them get them). I also found I could 1v1 decently as well. My favorite part was being called a troll at champ select, then getting told that I inspired otehrs to try it after the match.

Fargo79

02-04-2013

Im not a big jungler at all.. but i have recently been tryin it out.. im... ahhh OK maybe... not sure when to go in for ganks or stay in jungle and farm.. but i have tried Leona.. comparing her to other junglers i have tried like Amumu,Naut, Sej... Leona is by far the slowest.... i had to use 3-4 pots on her alone... before finally hitting lvl 3.. then recall and shop... Naut can clear the jungle only using 1 pot or 3 if he doesnt use smite... and the clear time was soo much faster... i know this has been said on other Leona related threads.. but they need to add something extra or change seomthing on her passive where she can activate it on minions so she is able to leave the support only role...

Onimus Terlain

02-04-2013

Her clears are slooooow. Probably the slowest in the entire game. her sustain is bad. Her build options and resilience are bad and her damage is bad. Her counter jungling is equally bad.

But her ganks are siiiiiick.

If you want to play leona jungle, play it purely to gank. because that's all she can do.

And make sure your top lane isn't a tank like Malphite or killing top lane will literally be impossible due to lack of damage on ganks.

Keitterman

02-04-2013

I hear you guys, but that's why i changed to using movement speed quints. I do reccomend buying five pots, and you'll probably chug all of them in your first clear, that clear won't be as slow as you guys are saying. It's no Mundo, but if you take the right masteries, it's fine. After she hits three and takes that trip home, pick a lane, kill it. Unlike amumu, naut, Sej, there's very little chance that a lane pushed past its mid point will survive the arrival of leona.

Bonus points if you watched people's inventory as they showed up in lane, and compared it to now so you know who warded what.