Leona Jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

watchyabackboy

01-29-2013

Not sure about her scailing or if its been tried but I was just wondering if maybe it would be possible. Was thinking of going W Q W and using the stun and aoe burst to clear. Any opinions or anyone tried this at all?

Keitterman

01-29-2013

I've heard of people going jungle leo, though i haven't tried it myself. The trick is probably more in the runes/masteries than in the ability order, though W's aoe dmg is an obviouse necessity.

I would think that you'd go down the dmg tree, and set her up with AD runes (with standard armor yellows and mr blues)

I'll haev to give it a shot and see for myself. i've always ruled it out, but doesn't hurt to try

BlackenedBlaze

01-29-2013

I find ad Leona to be effective. You go a regular shy vans build

Fargo79

01-29-2013

Jungle Leo has been done.. and her ganks are sick... but generally her jungle clear time is low... Leona not being able to take advantage of her own passive is one reason another being that her AP ratio is a little low... i play "Support" Leona and when i get a chance ill roam to mid and gank if the jungler is busy with top lane or is at base shopping..

you should go down the Offence tree and the defence tree giving damage reduction from minions... i really wish they would make a small tweak to Leona just to make her a viable pick for other roles like jungle and maybe top lane.. its a shame she has been pigeon holed to the support role when she has no real support attributes a side from her CC...

ASYLUM101

01-29-2013

It's possible, her ganks are alistar-tier. Instant gap closer/stun, then stun, then hard to kill. Plus she gives damage to allies with her passive.

She just jungles at meh speed. If you get a really good leash you can steam roll. my brother runs homeguard/teleport jungle leona once in a while for lols and it actually works really well if you have another TP player like TF, panth, or someone with global presence like ez, draven, karth.

It's so funny to perma CC someone til they die.

watchyabackboy

01-29-2013

i just ran a custom with no leash using 21off 9def masteries and standard ADC runes and cleared pretty quick. I'd think with a strong leash she could get rolling. Actually thinking bout going slightly more defensive build and counter jungling with her. I'd be willing to bet with the stun and zenith she could give peolple fits.

Yeaah fargo i'd love to see them change the passive so you could activate the mark at a reduced damage. I'm actually now thinking how interesting it would be to run a bot lane with lux and leona and take advantage of both passives. Hmmmmmmm

Fimbullwinter

01-29-2013

Is Leona viable at jungle I think there are much better options.

Rylentlar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

@watchabackboy

I've run the AD lux/leona combo and it's one of the burstiest combos I've played only surpassed by a sona/leona lane

Keitterman

01-30-2013

Did it last night,
Runes: went with AD reds, AD quints, Armor yellow, MR blues
Masteries: whet with a full AD buff build grabbing the shallow survival masteris in defense from what i had left.

Then i built her with the %life steal spirt of the ancient golem thing, then just standard tank stuff like Aegis, frozen heart, etc.

went great, ganked and killed every lane, would have went better but my team wanted to focus the tanks instead of ezreal and ap yi, so we lost.

omegam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

you guys are making me want to try her jungle now... hmmm