Auto-Locking and Role Calling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anderys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Can someone explain why one is allowed, and the other is "troll"?. Here is how I see it.

I auto-lock mid. I am showing my intention to play mid. I chose a mid character, locked, and you now see I want mid.

I copy mid, and paste it in the first .5 seconds. I am showing you I want mid.

So, from this standpoint, they are mostly the same. The counter argument being, "If you auto lock, you are being selfish and not allowing anyone else to play that role." 99% of the people that say "mid" instantly, lock in the next 3 seconds. And if they don't they end up being just as stubborn.

In my last game, I had someone autolock a mid, and someone that called mid immediately. Obviously the autolock cant change, and the guy that called it was "Well, i called it, its mine." and we had 2 mids. Where is the difference between the two play styles?

Kulmid

01-29-2013

Sounds like blind pick and it's really irrelevant. There's no draft so no picking order, nor can you see their comp. It's all the same. Either lock in what you want to play and ignore your team or be someone who fills, everyone has just as much right to mid as the next guy...

Stephanie Dora

01-29-2013

because it's not whether you want a role or not, but rather if it's going to fit the team comp or not. Also role calling isn't always in order, people will often give up roles and switch roles if someone is terrible let's say at jungle or top but can do other roles fine. By auto locking you are not respecting anyone, you are just saying I am going to play this role no matter what, regardless of whether that champ fits with the team comp while as someone calling and not locking can at least talk it over, Idk about you most people do not just auto lock their roles whether they said it first or not. Most people end up locking after seeing the team/last 10 sec or doesn't even lock until the timer is over, There is really no point in locking at all lol, it doesn't help your team in anyway and if you want to show your intention in playing mid just select the champ, locking isn't helping at all.

Woot Elite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongyu1 View Post
because it's not whether you want a role or not, but rather if it's going to fit the team comp or not. Also role calling isn't always in order, people will often give up roles and switch roles if someone is terrible let's say at jungle or top but can do other roles fine. By auto locking you are not respecting anyone, you are just saying I am going to play this role no matter what, regardless of whether that champ fits with the team comp while as someone calling and not locking can at least talk it over, Idk about you most people do not just auto lock their roles whether they said it first or not. Most people end up locking after seeing the team/last 10 sec or doesn't even lock until the timer is over, There is really no point in locking at all lol, it doesn't help your team in anyway and if you want to show your intention in playing mid just select the champ, locking isn't helping at all.
you are asking for respect in a game that literally breed a community with none. That's funny. asking someone to show you respect in league of legends in like asking a mugger to not take your money. Pick orders are the absolute. he was placed above you and if he wants to play whatever role you whine about deal with it. if you choose however to forgo that rule that is stated in the summoners code. you are up for report. I don't care if it's not me or doesn't effect me. however the meta isn't what should be followed. it's the fact that you refuse to think anyone else can do it is the real problem with me. If you ask me and it's blind pick Lock away. Draft and ranked in another story, but again if you feel the need to do it expect people to do the same to you.

Anderys

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulmid View Post
Sounds like blind pick and it's really irrelevant.
Only half. I've seen variations of this in ranked too. Third guy and last call mid. Last guy called it "first". Third guy picks mid. Last guy picks a mid when its his turn. Role calling and autolocking is a problem in any game mode (although, autolocking appears in a different way in ranked.)

NeoLlama

01-29-2013

none of it matters. there is no punishment for either and people will do what they want when there are no reprecussions.

Braize

01-29-2013

Normals is a free for all. I prefer 5 junglers

BigPatches

01-29-2013

How about people stop being so dogmatic about the season 2 meta? It's time for change people.

msgerbs

01-29-2013

Because auto-locking is irreversible. Role calling leaves room for negotiation.

kwoxer

09-28-2013

Autolock is always a bad thing. To prevent it tool like the Championselect Caller can help out. But overall it's the pick order that is more important, also if some guys refuse communcation.