Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PPPFI - Positive Players' PBE Friendship Initiative

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

miranda please

01-29-2013

I'm sure as many of you have noticed after playing a few games on the PBE, the quality of the games have a tendency to go very sour due to trolls and inconsiderate players. I myself have been victim of a teammate whose only known english words are "suck" "noob" and "i feed" on multiple occasions, much more frequently than on the live server. Four players all DEMANDING their favorite role in draft pick, sets the whole team up for failure before it even starts.

Most of you are probably like "LoL is always like this! are you new?", but the fact here is that on the live server, I don't *have* to play with randoms. I always have a team or at least a duo partner whenever I queue, because my friends list is in the hundreds. However, on the PBE, I have two friends, who never log on; as a mac-only gamer, the PBE is all I have to play right now, and I'd like to make it just as good of an experience as playing on the live server.

So, anyone who plays on the PBE regularly, who is willing to play multiple positions and champs based on the needs of the team, and doesn't troll, even when they get frustrated - we need to gather up and start playing games together, and push all the way up to challenger tier!

Simply post your PBE summoner name, and maybe a brief description of your experience with league (favorite champs, best positions, strengths that you think you bring to a team, etc). Then, we can all add each other as friends and queue up together, meaning 20% less chance of trolls dragging your skills down into the gutter of failure!

To start, my summoner name is miranda please, just like on the live server. I have the most experience jungling, and greatly enjoy watching the entire map and making plays which exploit both teams' strengths and weaknesses. My favorite champ to jungle with is definitely Elise - I love her character design, and her kit is perfectly well-rounded for jungling. As far as solo lanes, I used to be a mid player (mostly zyra), but started playing solo top as well, after Vi was released. She's the first champ that made solo top a fun role to play for me. ADC and support are the roles I know the least about, but I still try to learn a variety of champs for those positions too, because I'm commonly forced to play them. Ashe and Nami are probably my best bot-laners.

So, what are you waiting for? Let's take the PBE to a whole new level!

EpicAncient

01-29-2013

SN: Not so Ancient
FC: Anivia, Annie, Skarner
BP: Jungle, Mid, Support

Pretty horrible ADC; I don't even try.

runfrompms

01-29-2013

Quote:
miranda please:
I'm sure as many of you have noticed after playing a few games on the PBE, the quality of the games have a tendency to go very sour due to trolls and inconsiderate players. I myself have been victim of a teammate whose only known english words are "suck" "noob" and "i feed" on multiple occasions, much more frequently than on the live server. Four players all DEMANDING their favorite role in draft pick, sets the whole team up for failure before it even starts.

Most of you are probably like "LoL is always like this! are you new?", but the fact here is that on the live server, I don't *have* to play with randoms. I always have a team or at least a duo partner whenever I queue, because my friends list is in the hundreds. However, on the PBE, I have two friends, who never log on; as a mac-only gamer, the PBE is all I have to play right now, and I'd like to make it just as good of an experience as playing on the live server.

So, anyone who plays on the PBE regularly, who is willing to play multiple positions and champs based on the needs of the team, and doesn't troll, even when they get frustrated - we need to gather up and start playing games together, and push all the way up to challenger tier!

Simply post your PBE summoner name, and maybe a brief description of your experience with league (favorite champs, best positions, strengths that you think you bring to a team, etc). Then, we can all add each other as friends and queue up together, meaning 20% less chance of trolls dragging your skills down into the gutter of failure!

To start, my summoner name is miranda please, just like on the live server. I have the most experience jungling, and greatly enjoy watching the entire map and making plays which exploit both teams' strengths and weaknesses. My favorite champ to jungle with is definitely Elise - I love her character design, and her kit is perfectly well-rounded for jungling. As far as solo lanes, I used to be a mid player (mostly zyra), but started playing solo top as well, after Vi was released. She's the first champ that made solo top a fun role to play for me. ADC and support are the roles I know the least about, but I still try to learn a variety of champs for those positions too, because I'm commonly forced to play them. Ashe and Nami are probably my best bot-laners.

So, what are you waiting for? Let's take the PBE to a whole new level!

Sure. I'll be willing to play with you.
Favorite champs: Twisted fate and Hecarim are my prefered champs.
Preferred roles: Jungle, mid, and support

Pbe username : Card.

TheNubcaik

01-29-2013

Summoner Name: Nubcaik
Favorite champs: Vayne, Akali, Master Yi, Singed
Best positions: Mid, Top, ADC
Strengths: Can coordinate well with others. especially in bot lane

Zion l

01-29-2013

Summoner name: MaxĂ­mus (ALT+0237 for the i)
Favorite champs: Nasus, Akali, Nidalee, Katarina, Vayne, Janna, Lee Sin, I pretty much enjoy every champion because they are all different and bring different things to the team, but those few are the ones I enjoy the most.
Best position(s): Mid and ADC, but I play all roles decently.
Strengths: I have good map awareness, I make sure to ward heavy traffic areas, I call my MIA's promptly and if I feel like my lane roaming will result in an enemy kill I follow my lane to counter their roam. I notice opportunities well and I don't rage when I make a mistake. Good at encouraging team mates and doing whatever it takes to win!

Not Much U

01-29-2013

Summoner name: Not Much U
Favorite champs: gotta say, vlad, noc and perhaps karthus and jarvan, though I can play most.
Best positions: top and jungle, can do mid but i'm really bad at bot lanes
Strengths: pretty much can destroy my lane if given opportunities, good at chasing off jungle ganks, and as a jungler it depends on champ how well i can gank/countergank, but i usually manage to pull my job off.

Michio Kaku

01-29-2013

Summoner name: ______________ ( Yes it's chinese so you can't add me, but I added all of you) ^_^

roles: Can play all roles, but prefer to Adc>Jungle>Mid>Top>>>>>>support

AtomicGenocide

01-29-2013

Summoner name: Taco Slayer
Favorite champs: Lux, Ezreal, Shaco and a few more
Best positions: Mid, Jungle, support (working on adc)
Strengths: map awareness, great ganker

CartoonMad

01-29-2013

PBE Name: Ben Gubash
IRL Name : Ben Gubash
Best position: Any
Strengths: Great cooperation, Map awareness(I almost always watch the mini map)Picks what is needed in every game.
Faviourite champs: Usually champs that are not banned or picked,Meaning I can play all.

Edit: All join the chat PPPFI. I made it for all of you. xD

Five Badgers

01-29-2013

PBE Name: VoGRancor
Fav Champs: Fiora Akali KahZix teemo and Anivia
Strength Lanes: Top>>Mid>>Jungle>>Support>>ADC
Best 2 positions: Top or mid
Cn normally win my lane if i get a champ I play frequently. Try not to rage but when people make stupid decisions well yeah.