Seems to be a miscommunication...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akado Bayushi

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFK in lol ftw View Post
In other words, it's widely known by many that they can get away with giving out false reports to people playing poorly in an attempt to get them banned by Tribunal for the wrong reasons. This seems to be the case when it comes to reporting people for "intentional feeding" when it really wasn't intentional at all.
I'm pretty sure I didn't say that. "Widely known" and "widely believed" are two very different concepts.

Look at it this way. Let's say you have an entire week where you are just not doing well and you play a bunch of games, but you aren't negative. I don't think you're going to get many reports, and if you do, the Tribunal will look at it and say "Well, okay, he went from being reported in 1-5% of his games, to 8% of his games. OH NOES. Moving along..."

Being false reported will NOT get you in the Tribunal if that is your only "crime". If you already got reported in 20% of your games, and then some false reports come in? Yes, that can throw you over the edge. But are they really false reports at that point?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AFK in lol ftw

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akado Bayushi View Post
I'm pretty sure I didn't say that. "Widely known" and "widely believed" are two very different concepts.
Oh, sorry again (not clear on my part). I meant that as a generalization based on what I reactions I saw in Tribunal reports. In large majority of those reports, I see cries by either the reporter or reporter teammates to report other players or their whole team for claims that are not true (intentional feeding, for example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akado Bayushi View Post
Being false reported will NOT get you in the Tribunal if that is your only "crime". If you already got reported in 20% of your games, and then some false reports come in? Yes, that can throw you over the edge. But are they really false reports at that point?
Once again not clear on my end. I was talking more about the reporting, itself (not if it will get people in tribunal, etc). As I stated in my opening post, I was wondering the origin of "Report team pls" came from, and how it was widely respected, by "those" guys, as acceptable.

Lastly, you don't have to be formal about the Tribunal. I am well aware of the processes. Just wanted to discuss more about certain common behavior report people are making that just seemed very strange is still going on.