Champion Auditions - Thresh, the Chain Warden

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ásk Ryze

01-29-2013

Well well, two auditions and a heck of a lot of premature RP. Doesn't the first post say 'Don't submit early' in the first few lines? :\ It's good stuff, but it might be best to save it for later.

SmileyDemon

01-29-2013

Sorry I've never really done one of these before I thought we posted here.

Ásk Ryze

01-29-2013

I haven't either, I just applied and got the character. :P Still, you should proooobably read the first post over a few times before you post anything. This goes for all of you potential threshes, out there.

Ryugi Kazamaru

01-29-2013

Smiley, I have no idea who you are, but making a Smurf is required to avoid bias.

You also didn't wait for approval before posting your audition, which will effectively create bias in votes. I'm going to have to disqualify what you've written so far. I'm sorry. I know this is harsh, but I'm doing my best to avoid favoritism and bias in the votes.

You're free to create a smurf, not tell any of us who you are, and resubmit some kind of different entry if you like, but because you did not follow the directions of the auditions, for the moment, I'm going to have to disqualify your entry. I'm sorry.

=(

SmileyDemon

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post
Im apparently the most unbiased person on the forums from what I've heard, I've seen you around but that doesnt bother as long as the content is good.

That doesnt stop others from trying as well, so give it a go...... just dont tell us you own that smurf~ ((Just to keep it safe... as there are still alot of hawks around here >_>))

I thought this was a go ahead since it is a judge but whatever. I know now not try new things. I do not see the logic behind me making an entire new entry over whatever supposed bias you claim that my post has created. Since only one person seems to give the go ahead it must be you to approve applicants? This information would have been helpful. I asked before I posted what was required and got a positive response giving me the go ahead, from a judge no less. I don't see how my post makes any bias nor do I see why such a harsh and unwarranted action is taken against me. I know none of the judges >.> nor do they seem to know me as was established in my first post.

Ask the Lunari

01-29-2013

I meant after you made the smurf darn it Dx

SmileyDemon

01-29-2013

In any case I will continue to work on my submission not just for the application but because I like writing and love horror. Ten points if any horror fan knows from where I drew upon for inspiration within the letter portion of my submission.

FilFire

01-29-2013

Smiley, it's very simple.

With a smurf that we don't know the owner of we hopefully remove the fact that some people would prefer having a specific person as that champion. Even if you aren't that well known there are probably some people that either like you or hate you around here, making their votes biased. Smurfs solve that problem.

Anyway, the rules state that you have to make a smurf. You can argue about it, but for some reason I feel like agreeing with others by saying that in this case, you simply have to follow the rules created for the auditions, even if you don't like them.

SmileyDemon

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilFire View Post
Smiley, it's very simple.

With a smurf that we don't know the owner of we hopefully remove the fact that some people would prefer having a specific person as that champion. Even if you aren't that well known there are probably some people that either like you or hate you around here, making their votes biased. Smurfs solve that problem.

Anyway, the rules state that you have to make a smurf. You can argue about it, but for some reason I feel like agreeing with others by saying that in this case, you simply have to follow the rules created for the auditions, even if you don't like them.

I did ask before posting but its okay as I will continue to work on my submission, mainly because I just want to finish it. As for the liking and hating thing I know alot of people hate me lol. Most of the ask champions do, mainly because I condemn evolving a character outside of the lore that they were created with.

FilFire

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post
Im apparently the most unbiased person on the forums from what I've heard, I've seen you around but that doesnt bother as long as the content is good.

That doesnt stop others from trying as well, so give it a go...... just dont tell us you own that smurf~ ((Just to keep it safe... as there are still alot of hawks around here >_>))
I think this was the answer you got to your question.
So far as I can see this answer also says you need to make an anonymous smurf (last sentence), but I've got to admit Lunari was not very clear in her post.
Lunari, when somebody asks permission for these things agreeing with his arguments and then saying he shouldn't do it is not a good tactic. It's confusing.

EDIT: Also, if you know that a lot of people hate you, why do you still want to make it known that you're the one auditioning? This is a community vote thing, the judges are for backup.

123456 ... 7