Suggestion: Option to turn off champion voice?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quae

03-16-2010

It would be, in my mind, beneficial to have the option to turn off your champion's voice in response to move or attack commands.

While I recognize the need for immediate audio feedback to a move command, for some characters and according to peoples' personal tastes, it can be extremely grating to hear them talk all the time.

As an amusing anecdote, the one time I played Annie, I was rage swearing at her every time she said something, because her voice was incredibly displeasing to me. I'd be OK, maybe, with Annie, if I didn't have to hear her talk.

This is not a complaint about the voice acting overall, I think it's awesome, or on Annie's voice actor in particular, it is just my personal opinion that being given the option may incline people to play certain characters more often. (Cho'gath or Annie, etc.)

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

03-17-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hi Quae,

This option is already available in the game. Open the options menu and then go to sound. In the sound menu, you can either pull down the 'Voice Volume' slider or hit the speaker icon to the right of the slider to mute the category. This will turn off the character voice while keeping the other SFX in the game.

DanTheManTCE

02-07-2011

does this turn all voices off or just your champions voice? ie if i get penta kill i wanna here that!

HvyMtlChaos

02-12-2013

I've done it just today because I can't stand taric's voice when I play him. It mutes all champion voices but NOT the announcer one (that says pentakill) :-)

Brosama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheManTCE View Post
does this turn all voices off or just your champions voice? ie if i get penta kill i wanna here that!
Nope, There is an option to only turn the champion voice off, or you could turn off the announcer, or if you like, you can turn it all off with the master volume