Myths and Facts About Sejuani

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pink Moon Bunny

01-29-2013

I'll write up and share one of my favorite builds:

start Mach-5
1st recall: boots
3rd item should be: Mobility if you feel gank happy or Giant's Belt for survivability, IMO I would rush a Sunfire before mobility to farm faster and gank heavier
Warmog's
Bulwark
Situational: Randuin's, Frozen Heart, Locket of Solari, Abysmal Sceptar, Liandry's, or GA
(GA only if you're stomping hard like one of my games where I went 14/3/20)

End game:
Boots Mobility, Sunfire, Warmog, Bulwark, SoAG, Situational

Most of these items sport Health to buff the hell out of Northern Winds.

Killzerz

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholy Exile View Post
This is a genuine question, not any attempt to criticise:

I used to play a fair bit of Sejuani back in Season 2 but haven't really got back into the swing of things in the pre-season and a big part of that is because I just couldn't work out how I should be building. Is Philosopher's Stone and Spirit Stone really a solid early investment because it seems an awful lot to invest into stats that offer you neither damage, nor genuine survivability?
Great question! Most junglers usually build either Spirit Stone or Madred's (in some cases, Wriggles) right off the bat. But Philo Stone? In Season 2, it used to be standard to build this and HoG and putter about midgame. Now, you farm unless a great ganking opportunity shows up, while getting tanky for teamfights. After putting this on Sejuani, you take a slight hit early in terms of teamfighting but because you can generally farm up a Warmogs before any real big fights occur it is negligible. And when you get Shurelia's, this generally pays for itself (in more ways than one). Add in a gp/10 item and her fast farming ability and you can get tankier faster than everyone else.

Easy answer: You do take a hit early, but if you counterpick their jungler (in other words, it isn't Lee Sin, Olaf, or Shaco) you don't have much to worry about because you will be able to farm up the required gold to become tanky faster than almost everyone else.

Thessalonike

01-29-2013

Well, Sejuani doesn't need change outside of starting with her mark. She is getting changed though.

I am curious how you myth and fact 4750 hp and 40% cooldown. Post that build please.

Killzerz

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustipated86 View Post
Sejuani is amazingly op, anyone who does not think so is a moron or is lacking the required skills to use her.

Also, try her as an AP tank like cho and watch her wreck a team fight
Not OP, but maybe very viable. I agree, she dominates teamfights even moreso than Amumu does.

Killzerz

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honggg View Post
You can't compare Sejuani to Evelynn because the latter had a complete makeover in kit while Sej hasn't been changed since release. S3 didn't make Evelynn OP; rather, her changes did.
I'm just stating how I don't want her to end up getting reworked like Eve did to be better, and then everyone finds out she is amazingly OP after the buffs and she is nerfed to a worse place than where she already is (if that makes sense!).

Pink Moon Bunny

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killzerz View Post
Not OP, but maybe very viable. I agree, she dominates teamfights even moreso than Amumu does.
actually I believe that she is the fall back to amumu since he is always banned at lower elo games. In exchange for a weak early game her mid and late game is god like if you gank and give the enemy the "scare factor."

Quote:
I'm just stating how I don't want her to end up getting reworked like Eve did to be better, and then everyone finds out she is amazingly OP after the buffs and she is nerfed to a worse place than where she already is (if that makes sense!).
You know what I'm afraid of? a mass of people wanting to play her after her rework and seeing horrible Sejuani players EVERYWHERE who tarnish the name of our queen. I played Sejuani ever since my level was 25 and I kept playing her till I was level 30. I literally devoted most of my League time to Sejuani because she was so powerful and underplayed even during Season 2.

Melancholy Exile

01-29-2013

Quote:
Great question! Most junglers usually build either Spirit Stone or Madred's (in some cases, Wriggles) right off the bat. But Philo Stone? In Season 2, it used to be standard to build this and HoG and putter about midgame. Now, you farm unless a great ganking opportunity shows up, while getting tanky for teamfights. After putting this on Sejuani, you take a slight hit early in terms of teamfighting but because you can generally farm up a Warmogs before any real big fights occur it is negligible. And when you get Shurelia's, this generally pays for itself (in more ways than one). Add in a gp/10 item and her fast farming ability and you can get tankier faster than everyone else.

Easy answer: You do take a hit early, but if you counterpick their jungler (in other words, it isn't Lee Sin, Olaf, or Shaco) you don't have much to worry about because you will be able to farm up the required gold to become tanky faster than almost everyone else.
That's probably a big part of where I was going wrong then. I was still very much in the gank-heavy support-tank mindset left over from Season 2 and thus, more often than not, tended to find myself heading towards an early Bulwark, rather than selfish survivability. I don't really play this game a great deal now, having largely moved over to DotA 2, but I'll certainly give that a shot when I next find myself playing LoL. Thanks.

Killzerz

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviance View Post
Well, Sejuani doesn't need change outside of starting with her mark. She is getting changed though.

I am curious how you myth and fact 4750 hp and 40% cooldown. Post that build please.
0/21/9 masteries.

Choice red, armor yellow, mr/level blues, and choice quints (possibly gold/10?).

Ninja Tabi
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Bulwark/Spirit Visage (SV gives CDR and is cheaper, better to buy if support is going Bulwark)
Shurelia's
Warmogs
Frozen Heart

Should give close to 4750, maybe 4500 (with proper masteries and runes).

Disgustipated86

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Moon Bunny View Post
actually I believe that she is the fall back to amumu since he is always banned at lower elo games. In exchange for a weak early game her mid and late game is god like if you gank and give the enemy the "scare factor."

You know what I'm afraid of? a mass of people wanting to play her after her rework and seeing horrible Sejuani players EVERYWHERE who tarnish the name of our queen. I played Sejuani ever since my level was 25 and I kept playing her till I was level 30. I literally devoted most of my League time to Sejuani because she was so powerful and underplayed even during Season 2.
This right here is why Sejuani and Karma do not need a rework. Not only are they high skill cap champs that are godly in our capable hands, a rework would allow the bads to spam both of them and embarass them considerably

Disgustipated86

01-29-2013

Quote:
0/21/9 masteries.

Choice red, armor yellow, mr/level blues, and choice quints (possibly gold/10?).

Ninja Tabi
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Bulwark/Spirit Visage (SV gives CDR and is cheaper, better to buy if support is going Bulwark)
Shurelia's
Warmogs
Frozen Heart

Should give close to 4750, maybe 4500 (with proper masteries and runes).
0/21/9
Hp% Quints/Yellow, Magic pen the rest
Boots of Mobility with Homeguard if you are having to rescue lanes, Alacrity (think thats the +15 movement) if you are ganking a lot.

Spirit of the Ancient Golem (Replace with Warmogs after you get Rylai)
Rylai's Scepter
Warmogs.
Void Staff
Rabadons

You now have enough AP to, should you connect with your Q which is not hard, to drop any AP or Ad carry 1/3 hp minimum on 1st contact, your W now shreds and your ult does significantly more dmg

Also, I cant remember the name of the item but it builds off the mask that gives health and magic pen, that on Sej is fantastic

123456 ... 7