Myths and Facts About Sejuani

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

01-29-2013

So, I am a Sejuani fan and after playing her for a little I want to dispel some common myths and facts about her.

Myth: She has to spend a lot of mana to clear camps. Certainly true on her first clear, but since you should have blue buff this shouldn't be a problem. After that, due to the newest jungle changes you only need to use her W once. If you fall behind, twice (80 mana at most). It doesn't look like it, but her W is VERY damaging. Futhermore, with just a Spirit Stone and Philo Stone you won't worry about health or mana anymore.

Myth: She clears slowly. Her first clear IS average, but after that she becomes very, very fast. You really only need one W to clear camps, 2 if you are behind. But she ramps up with little effort due to W's health scaling ability, so unlike many tank junglers she actually speeds up after her first big buy and only needs one W absolutely to clear normal camps. Buff camps go down to her faster than other tank junglers too (Mundo may be the exception).

Myth: She has low damage. Built purely tank with around 4500+ HP her W can easily exceed 135 damage per second, and if they are marked it starts to do 200 damage per second. That's 1000 damage every 5 seconds from one ability from someone with nothing but tank items! With 1500 base health midgame plus 1000 from Warmogs she does 94 damage with her W or 140 if you are marked (per second). Not to mention the fact she can CC everyone to hell. Oh, and all her abilities are AoE. No big deal.

Fact: She is a CC goddess. Her R into a E can stun someone for 2 seconds AND THEN slow them for 70% for 3. Hit the whole team and that is more than enough CC for anyone to handle. Get 40% CDR on her and you will be locked up (and heavily damaged) for quite a bit.

Fact: She is easily, EASILY abusable in her own jungle. Anyone who even is a half-ass duelist can crush her early game if she stays and fights. This is her biggest and most exploitable weakness you ever dun see. If you see someone pick Sejuani, pick Lee Sin, Shaco, or Olaf and crush her in her own jungle.

Myth: She dies to most duelists. Seems contradictory, but while she is easily beat early game that doesn't make it so she isn't tricky to catch. With her Q and E she can make it pretty hard to follow up and kill her unless you are one of the three junglers mentioned above. And if you are Shaco/Lee Sin, win early or prepare for her wrath of godliness lategame. HOWEVER, although many people can't kill her they can keep her down. Think of her as a big bad Amumu with an escape. Just keep pressuring her and don't let her hit lategame!

Myth: Her ganks are bad. She has a gap closer, a 3 second slow, and damage that procs even if all you do is run beside the target. She also has strong lane ganks if you choose to take Ghost on her (and sometimes even if you don't if you play it right and hop over a wall!). Just run up, Q, then R. GG. Remember due to her mobility AND her ult range she generally doesn't need Flash over Ghost.

Myth: She is an expensive jungler. Here is a sample build MIDgame: Philo Stone, Spirit Stone, Boots, Warmogs, Chain Vest, Negatron Cloak. Only clocking in at 6.5k, this makes her very, VERY hard to kill and with her CC she can lock entire teams down. Honestly, this is all she needs to ruin peoples day. Pick up Ninja Tabi and a Glacial Shroud next, then itemize as needed (probably Spirit of the Blue Golem next or Shurelia's).

Fact: Poor dragon/baron control. Whereas someone like Mundo, Olaf, or Lee Sin can wreck these beasts with impuity, Sejuani has rough time.

Why am I writing this? Well, I'm hearing a lot of, "Sejuani is so weak she needs a buff!" right now and I am really afraid Sejuani is an "Eve". People are so used to the Season 2 Sejuani that everyone underrates her even when she is far stronger in her Season 3 state (in a large part thanks to her small W buff, the jungle revamp, and the "hurrdurrSTACKHEALTH" meta). Why "Eve"? When the new Eve came out people called her UP, which lead to so many buffs, mainly her ult cooldown reduced drastically and her Q costing less mana to use. Now, a couple months later her Q cost is nerfed and her ult cooldown is nerfed back to what they were, AND her ult now does % current health AND scales worse with AP (and yet, still balanced). Please try her out in many games and get the hang of Sejuani before crying, "UP", she is deceptively strong (though I agree more of a counterpick, I don't want to be murdered in my own jungle).

Discussion? I expect downvotes, but I love Sejuani and just hope she doesn't get buffed, then nerfed to the ground. Did I miss something? I am more than glad to edit my post, especially if it's relevant! (On a related note, if you downvote it would be nice to know WHY so you can persuade me to change my mind).

Swampmajikk

01-29-2013

I like her as is. She is pretty nasty in the right hands and holds her own in the jungle.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Pink Moon Bunny

01-29-2013

Shh, We don't want people to catch onto our Sejuani cult.

If you are having trouble clearing the jungle early game just get a Sunfire I personally rush one then build boots-mobility.

Melancholy Exile

01-29-2013

This is a genuine question, not any attempt to criticise:

I used to play a fair bit of Sejuani back in Season 2 but haven't really got back into the swing of things in the pre-season and a big part of that is because I just couldn't work out how I should be building. Is Philosopher's Stone and Spirit Stone really a solid early investment because it seems an awful lot to invest into stats that offer you neither damage or survivability when ganking?

Killzerz

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Moon Bunny View Post
Shh, We don't want people to catch onto our Sejuani cult.

If you are having trouble clearing the jungle early game just get a Sunfire I personally rush one the build boots-mobility.
SSoSP. Secret Society of Sejuani Players. Shhhh...

Lex Domino

01-29-2013

People don't want to learn how to play her. She's one of the strongest tanks in the game, especially since defense got nerfed. Her health scaling damage is even crazier right now.

Disgustipated86

01-29-2013

Sejuani is amazingly op, anyone who does not think so is a moron or is lacking the required skills to use her.

Also, try her as an AP tank like cho and watch her wreck a team fight

CynicalGiant

01-29-2013

Posting in a sejuani fanboy thread.

I enjoy Sejuani. She doesn't FEEL right, but I have pulled off good plays with her. They are going to make her FEEL and play better so she stands out better and emphasizes her differing playstyle better.

She isn't bad, just lackluster, kinda like Volibear.

Honggg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

You can't compare Sejuani to Evelynn because the latter had a complete makeover in kit while Sej hasn't been changed since release. S3 didn't make Evelynn OP; rather, her changes did.

zergman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

I love Sej and hope she doesn't get reworked, even if it is a false hope. I mostly had just played her when she was free, but I kept winning so I bought her last week and have won every game I've played with her. She is pretty powerful if played right.

12345 ... 7