Season 3 help with ADC builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WillieStyle

01-29-2013

It feels like season 3 is all about the tanky champions. If I play a tanky champ, I usually do pretty damn well. If I play a squishy ADC, then it's really hit or miss.

I feel like I'm just not doing enough damage to end game tanks like WW, Garen, Malphite, Cho, etc... I play Cait and Ezreal as my carries.

I can't seem to find a build that will kill a tanky champ before they kill me (except for a GA and then I kill them after I come back). In my last game, I had a WW take on me (Ezreal) and Viktor. He won even though we both wailed on him. His armor, mr, and health were too much for us. It was ridiculous and I don't remember tanky champs being so strong in season 2.

So I need build suggestions for ADC!! Here is my current build in the order I do it
:
CAIT:
Boots + 3 pots
Vamp sceptre
Boots to Zerker boots
Vamp to Bloodthirster
Zeal
IE
Zeal to Phantom Dancer
Guardian Angel
Runaans or Last Whisper depending upon how tanky they are

EZREAL:
Boots + 3 pots
Phage
Boots to Zerker Boots
Vamp Sceptre
Vamp to Bloodthirster
Sheen
Zeal
Trinity Force
IE
Guardians Angel
Last Whisper

Thank you.

EatsBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

WW has a ton of life steal, it's not just his armor making him hard to kill. Igniting him will fix that for you.

If their team has a lot of tanky champs, you might be better off with a champ like Kog. Depends on their team. Late game you should be in team fights anyway, where you're not having to win solo fights against champs like WW, you're just meant to focus the right carries and not get focused yourself.

Your Caitlyn build looks pretty standard, though I can't really endorse the Runaan's.

FailBomber

01-29-2013

Try Sword and 2 pots as starter with cait the boots nerf at S3 makes sword + 2 pots adc starts more viable and makes easier to last hit and static shiv is better than PD IMO ...
Other than that you can make Iceborn gaunlets instead of Trinity force for ezreal vs heavy ad teams...

SeCKS Egai

01-29-2013

I'd swap the GA with a warmog's or frozen mallet - resists don't have as much impact as before. Not only is health universal, GA's proc is only helpful in a few situations but more often than not will just go to waste otherwise. Respawning doesn't mean much if it means they're gonna put you right back down.

HermitDeCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

I don't get trinity or phage on ezreal anymore, i find that frozen gauntlet is a much better choice but it something that you have to get after you have a bit of damage. (after you get a bloodthirster or such)

TehFreeeman

01-30-2013

Honestly, the only way to really destroy any tank end game is just get armor penetration. With Caitlyn, Get your Greaves then either a Zypher or Runaan's Hurricane then 4 black cleavers. the Hurricane has the debuff for the BC on the other shots. once you get the full build, you can do true damage in less than 3 seconds to get rid of the tanks. the 4 BCs also have cooldown reduction (40%) and with zypher its 50%. 1000 health with the 250 from each BC plus the initial 10 armor penetration for each BC so you could do true damage if they have no added armor. Best build in my opion.

SeCKS Egai

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehFreeeman View Post
Honestly, the only way to really destroy any tank end game is just get armor penetration. With Caitlyn, Get your Greaves then either a Zypher or Runaan's Hurricane then 4 black cleavers. the Hurricane has the debuff for the BC on the other shots. once you get the full build, you can do true damage in less than 3 seconds to get rid of the tanks. the 4 BCs also have cooldown reduction (40%) and with zypher its 50%. 1000 health with the 250 from each BC plus the initial 10 armor penetration for each BC so you could do true damage if they have no added armor. Best build in my opion.
There's a lot of bad information here. BC's don't stack anymore, so you're only getting the 50AD and 250HP after the first BC. You aren't going to be negating armor with a BC alone.

There is a cap of 40% on cdr - You can only get 10% from the BC no matter how many you build, and you'd get another 10% from Zephyr = 20% total.

Runaan's is very situational and only particularly useful on people like Varus because of how blight works. The AS and "aoe" damage is nice, but the damage is based on your total AD. Zerks, BT & PD offers more bang for the buck on your typical adc. That's not to say you can't build one later, but with so many potential items that can be used on an ADC, Runaan's is competing with slots that could go to an IE, Last Whisper, Warmog's etc.

WillieStyle

02-01-2013

Runaan's is excellent on Cait because it procs headshot faster. If you are in a teamfight with lots of enemy heros and your multiple shot is going off, then you headshot every 3-4 shot. Most people don't know that and that is why I buy it on Cait.

POW Head Shot

02-01-2013

On my ADCs, i usually build as follows:

Start with sword + 2 pots
build sword in to black cleaver
build Blood Thirster
upgrade boots to the attack speed boots(name escapes me right now)
build static shiv

If i'm fed and decimating the enemy champions, i keep up the offense with another BT or an IE, if im mildly fed and could use some defense i go GA

from there i build into(i forget the name again) the AD item that lets you remove any debuff

this build has worked very well for me, i've gone 17 and 7 with MF so far this season in ranked, after starting 0-4 with her.

Sephïroth

02-01-2013

Infinity Edge -> PD - > GA(Warmogs seems to becomming popular for adcs recently, as well) - LW or Black Cleaver (If they have a lot of armor go LW) - > Situational, in your case they seem tanky so I'd grab a BoRK, but usually I've had a vamp scepter all game and I'll buy a BT.

I usually grab Merc treads or Swiftness with Furor enchant. Swiftness if they aren't very cc heavy and have a lot of slows, they really help you from getting slowlocked. Also, you are hard as hell to run from and hard to catch as well.