Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Rotation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Thumper

01-29-2013

Hi. I am wondering how which champions are selected for the free-to-play each week. What is the general guideline or pattern for the free champion rotation?

I personally would love to see Kennen on the champion rotation.

Durzaka

01-29-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=46045&

katyyyyyyyyyyy

01-29-2013

It is unpremeditated, if I am not misconstrued.

Charming Ahri

01-29-2013

The weekly free champions are selected by the Manager of Community-Champion Relations. Each week, eight champs come to him in his dreams, and it is through these dreams that the free rotation roster is determined.

Emboldened

01-29-2013

But where do the other two come from?

Charming Ahri

01-29-2013

Quote:
Emboldened:
But where do the other two come from?

The MoC-CR told me that the selection process for the other two starts by graphing the cosecant of the atomic mass of krypton, then dividing by 0. That was the only part of the selection equation that he knew.

Apparently, there are several Riot employees who each know one part of the equation, and so they collectively calculate the last two free champs for each week. This equation is their ultimate trade secret, and is why the free week champs seem so random. I'll probe for more information next time I'm in his dream.