Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

About Xerath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Druid13

01-29-2013

Xerath is great just the way he is. People are right he is incredibly positioning reliant. Then again so are ADC's. You don't want your ADC in melee range. Same goes for him. I think he isn't played more because he isn't like every other APC. You can't use the same cookie cutter style you use on every other APC and expect to do well with him. The channel on his w to me doesnt feel like a draw back. It feels like choice. I have to make a decision if i want wange and spell pen or if i want to remain static for a moment. There are very rare times when I stay rooted for the full duration. Most of the time by the time the enemy is done dealing with my barrage and is in a position to take advantage of the root I have already broken it and used the speed buff to get away. Also idk how most people build him but I go for a ton of spell pen. Reducing a 200 MR target to 6 MR is brutal and they are going to feel it.

For all the complaints I am seeing about his passiveI think they have no basis. Especially with S3 shifting toward more of a AD bruiser mid. His passive grants him a good amount of survivability while not having to sacrifice time/money building into armor items.

Galgus

01-29-2013

I like the channel for a similar reason I enjoy skillshots more than targeted abilities: the timing, prediction, and suspense of whether or not it will hit make it feel more satisfying. Personally, I think its perfect right now.

Its not hard to shove the lane as Xerath: melee minions won't be lost to your minions after an Arcanopulse, and ranged minions are likely to not be taking hits and be open for a second Arcanopuse.

Xerath scales strongly into the late game, and his Q gets on a fairly low CD to pick off melee minions.

When I play Xerath, I use his ult's low cool-down to harass with it: Xerath does not excell at catching and bursting champions down in lane without a gank, but as a difficult to avoid, artillery ranged harass his ultimate can go a long way to shoving enemies out of lane.

As Xerath I typically try to poke my opponent out of lane and farm, or farm when they go off to gank.

(Following an enemy mid via the direct route is an easy way to get trapped and die, but if I have Teleport up or the gank is becoming a siege, I can go help easilly enough.)

I typically try to outfarm my opponent while playing defensively before going for a win in the mid/late game.

Galgus

01-29-2013

Quote:
Druid13:
For all the complaints I am seeing about his passiveI think they have no basis. Especially with S3 shifting toward more of a AD bruiser mid. His passive grants him a good amount of survivability while not having to sacrifice time/money building into armor items.

The passive feels out of place because he positions safely enough that not much damage should be getting through to him.

I like it when I take Wraiths, though.

Cladun

01-29-2013

Quote:
Druid13:
Xerath is great just the way he is. People are right he is incredibly positioning reliant. Then again so are ADC's. You don't want your ADC in melee range. Same goes for him. I think he isn't played more because he isn't like every other APC. You can't use the same cookie cutter style you use on every other APC and expect to do well with him. Also idk how most people build him but I go for a ton of spell pen. Reducing a 200 MR target to 6 MR is brutal and they are going to feel it.

I love Xerath. All I'm asking for is to have his combo feel better and smoother, and to slightly increase his ability to farm. I'm not complaining about his playstyle, I love it. And I said his passive went against his playstyle, you poke and kill from a long range, the armor gained doesn't really help him at all unless he gets jumped on.

I personally build him with a lot of AP. Void staff is the only penetration I get because of his W, and I personally believe he benefits from CDR more.

Mors Martell

01-29-2013

He's strong, but the risk to reward ratio is no longer forgiving ,especially early game.

His q is supposed to be used a lot, but it zaps mana fast and has a relatively high CD for what it does.

He's a good champ, with a fun kit, but I think he needs reduced CDS and mana costs.

Druid13

01-29-2013

Quote:
Galgus:
The passive feels out of place because he positions safely enough that not much damage should be getting through to him.

I like it when I take Wraiths, though.

True to a degree. An enemy with any kind of dash or hard engage will reach your back line most times though. The extra armor helps to survive any kind of burst before your team can peel for you.

Galgus

01-29-2013

Quote:
dhruvbaby:
He's strong, but the risk to reward ratio is no longer forgiving ,especially early game.

His q is supposed to be used a lot, but it zaps mana fast and has a relatively high CD for what it does.

He's a good champ, with a fun kit, but I think he needs reduced CDS and mana costs.

Thus I rush mana regeneration and CDR.

Its not much of a limitation.

Galgus

01-29-2013

Quote:
Druid13:
True to a degree. An enemy with any kind of dash or hard engage will reach your back line most times though. The extra armor helps to survive any kind of burst before your team can peel for you.

The only thing Xerath really needs in a team-fight is a team that keeps Assassins from getting to him.

If the enemy team lacks Assassins and instead uses Bruiser scum, they fry under constant lightning bolts.

Druid13

01-29-2013

Quote:
Galgus:
Thus I rush mana regeneration and CDR.

Its not much of a limitation.

With the changes to doran's ring you dont need to invest too much into that anymore either. A ring or two and you are set for mana regen. Blue goes a long way with him too. Help with mana and CD which are huge on him.

Galgus

01-29-2013

Quote:
Druid13:
With the changes to doran's ring you dont need to invest too much into that anymore either. A ring or two and you are set for mana regen. Blue goes a long way with him too. Help with mana and CD which are huge on him.

I'm crazy and rush an Athene's Grail and Morrello's Evil Tome, starting with Chalice for maximum guilt-free spamming.