Should League of Legends have a practice mode?

Yes 46 92.00%
No 4 8.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Practice mode for new champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dKaayy

01-29-2013

Read the paragraph in bold if you want to get to the point!

Dear Riot Games,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has ever worked on, or is currently working on League of Legends. You guys have made a fantastic game, and your efforts to keep the game fresh and unique have not gone unnoticed.

My name is Derek, and I started playing League of Legends one week ago as of today. Since then, I have enjoyed many victories and defeats in the Summoners Rift (mostly with Shyvana.) However, since I joined so recently, I have purchased very few champions with my influence points, and now that the week is over I can no longer play as the champions I was accustomed to. Not wanting to drag my team down by dying a whole lot with a champion that I've never played as before, I typically play a match of co-op vs. A.I. before I use a champion in a PvP game. This helps me get used to the champion, but I have a proposal that I think would be very beneficial to new players, or players using champions they haven't used before.

I propose an add on to the tutorial section where you're allowed to go into "Practice mode." This mode will basically be like the battle training part of the tutorial, only you can play as any champion that's free to play that week, or any champion you already own. This will allow new players and players using new champions to practice their techniques without slowing their team down or being subject to ridicule. You could also let the player choose their team and opponents, so that they can learn what to look out for in PvP games.

I think this addition will make things easier for new players, and players of new champions, thus making PvP games fairer, and more fun. Thank you for listening to my advice, and I hope both you, and the League of Legends community agrees with me.

wHiSkErTeMx73744

01-29-2013

this already exists. play a custom game alone or with bots.

katyyyyyyyyyyy

01-29-2013

The normal queue is the practice mode. Practice against your fellow anthropoids, no one exasperates. Don't be a pillarist. It is only inappurtenant anthropoids in the normal queue. Match making will strive it's best so that you win half your games regardless how abominable you are. Nothing worth concealing from.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-29-2013

Battle Training is to give you a brief synopsis of the game, it isn't meant to be dedicated practice for a champion. There's only so much punching a bag does before you need to start working with a trainer or sparring.

Currently you can create a custom game without any other players (bots are optional) to get a feel for how the abilities handle (ranges, what they actually do, etc). After that, Coop is a great way to add some teamwork into the mix, or how they mesh with other champions. Normals (or customs against other players) then give you the opportunity to add in the last missing piece, a reactive enemy.

I honestly can't think of anything that would help more other than being able to 'break' things (modify cooldowns for testing purposes), but that's not going to happen for what should be obvious reasons.

dKaayy

01-29-2013

I didn't know you could just make a custom game with bots. I think that should be made clearer in the menu.

I'm glad to hear that the match making tries to make your victories and defeats equal, but as for the pillarist remark, it's not that I can't take it when people get ticked off at me, that's their problem. I'd just prefer not to let my team down.

katyyyyyyyyyyy

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonago View Post
I didn't know you could just make a custom game with bots. I think that should be made clearer in the menu.

I'm glad to hear that the match making tries to make your victories and defeats equal, but as for the pillarist remark, it's not that I can't take it when people get ticked off at me, that's their problem. I'd just prefer not to let my team down.
How is it cogent to be distressed from letting degenerated people down? You will always have a chance of letting any and everyone down always in all that you do, no matter how good you get. It is mental disorderliness to be afraid of something this minuscule.

Feedbro

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonago View Post

ignore katyyy I'm pretty sure it's either a troll or someone feeding their posts through google translate lol....

And yes, I always ALWAYS play custom vs bots to learn a enw champions mechanics/practice builds. Don't lean too heavily on them, the bots are TERRIBLE. I seriously feel bad if by the end of a 25 minute bot match I have fewer than 15 kills or more than 2 deaths.

XAlFias

01-30-2013

The game ALREADY HAS custom match where you can solo play against bots as the champs you own+free=available champions , that's what I always do on Tuesday .

And i get really angry when people make requests in new player forum instead of Support. It's on the right hand corner of your screen in this website .

nope , I'm a noob myself . It's my 3rd week in the game .