Do you hate Armor Reduction?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnoughOp

01-29-2013

I have seen a lot of threads of people that complain about Black Cleaver and armor reduction because it doesn't allow tanks to build armor.
Then... Why wouldn't we add an item that counters armor reduction?

Riot could add an item like this for tanks (Stats can be change if it looks too op) :

*80 Armor.
*UNIQUE Passive: The armor that this item gives you can't be reduced by any sources. (It can't be reduced , but you can penetrate it)

Thoughs?

UrsaMinor

01-29-2013

HP counters it.

Shadowy1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Then people complain that there is no counter play to tanks building that armor.

The counter to armor reduction is build more so the reduced value is still higher, or build HP so even if they are doing true damage it takes more to get through you. I think the problem is not that there is armor reduction/pen but how much of it there is.

EnoughOp

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsaMinor View Post
HP counters it.
But...but... Riot'll nerf HP and warmogs!

Voidgolem

01-29-2013

I have no issues with armor reduction.

Then again, I've always viewed armor as a bonus to my CDR/-%AS/Proc-laden items than a stat I should be going for in it's own right.

Tails66

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughOp View Post
But...but... Riot'll nerf HP and warmogs!
Riot is only nerfing the cost of Warmogs.

Since everyone and their mother buys it.

Elchulus

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy1 View Post
Then people complain that there is no counter play to tanks building that armor.

The counter to armor reduction is build more so the reduced value is still higher, or build HP so even if they are doing true damage it takes more to get through you. I think the problem is not that there is armor reduction/pen but how much of it there is.
That's not a counter to armor reduction. That's you getting your armor countered.

XElement

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughOp View Post
I have seen a lot of threads of people that complain about Black Cleaver and armor reduction because it doesn't allow tanks to build armor.
Then... Why wouldn't we add an item that counters armor reduction?

Riot could add an item like this for tanks (Stats can be change if it looks too op) :

*80 Armor.
*UNIQUE Passive: The armor that this item gives you can't be reduced by any sources.

Thoughs?
Because it is just pointless then and shouldn't been added if you add this item >>
Complicates things way too much.

EnoughOp

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy1 View Post

Well , the only armor that wouldn't be countered would be 80 because it is UNIQUE passive

Shadowy1

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchulus View Post
That's not a counter to armor reduction. That's you getting your armor countered.
Fine, not so much a counter as a solution to having lowered armor values due to low armor. Armor still reduces physical damage you just need more of it. Is that a better phrasing?