Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Do you hate Armor Reduction?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnoughOp

Senior Member

01-29-2013

I have seen a lot of threads of people that complain about Black Cleaver and armor reduction because it doesn't allow tanks to build armor.
Then... Why wouldn't we add an item that counters armor reduction?

Riot could add an item like this for tanks (Stats can be change if it looks too op) :

*80 Armor.
*UNIQUE Passive: The armor that this item gives you can't be reduced by any sources. (It can't be reduced , but you can penetrate it)

Thoughs?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UrsaMinor

Senior Member

01-29-2013

HP counters it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowy1

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Then people complain that there is no counter play to tanks building that armor.

The counter to armor reduction is build more so the reduced value is still higher, or build HP so even if they are doing true damage it takes more to get through you. I think the problem is not that there is armor reduction/pen but how much of it there is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnoughOp

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
UrsaMinor:
HP counters it.


But...but... Riot'll nerf HP and warmogs!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

Senior Member

01-29-2013

I have no issues with armor reduction.

Then again, I've always viewed armor as a bonus to my CDR/-%AS/Proc-laden items than a stat I should be going for in it's own right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tails66

Recruiter

01-29-2013

Quote:
EnoughOp:
But...but... Riot'll nerf HP and warmogs!


Riot is only nerfing the cost of Warmogs.

Since everyone and their mother buys it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elchulus

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Shadowy1:
Then people complain that there is no counter play to tanks building that armor.

The counter to armor reduction is build more so the reduced value is still higher, or build HP so even if they are doing true damage it takes more to get through you. I think the problem is not that there is armor reduction/pen but how much of it there is.


That's not a counter to armor reduction. That's you getting your armor countered.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XElement

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
EnoughOp:
I have seen a lot of threads of people that complain about Black Cleaver and armor reduction because it doesn't allow tanks to build armor.
Then... Why wouldn't we add an item that counters armor reduction?

Riot could add an item like this for tanks (Stats can be change if it looks too op) :

*80 Armor.
*UNIQUE Passive: The armor that this item gives you can't be reduced by any sources.

Thoughs?

Because it is just pointless then and shouldn't been added if you add this item >>
Complicates things way too much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnoughOp

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Shadowy1:
Then people complain that there is no counter play to tanks building that armor.

The counter to armor reduction is build more so the reduced value is still higher, or build HP so even if they are doing true damage it takes more to get through you. I think the problem is not that there is armor reduction/pen but how much of it there is.


Well , the only armor that wouldn't be countered would be 80 because it is UNIQUE passive


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowy1

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Elchulus:
That's not a counter to armor reduction. That's you getting your armor countered.

Fine, not so much a counter as a solution to having lowered armor values due to low armor. Armor still reduces physical damage you just need more of it. Is that a better phrasing?


12