Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should the Banner of Command active be on a less expensive item?

Yes 23 82.14%
No 5 17.86%
Voters 28 .

Banner of Command active too expensive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghyrt

01-29-2013

I don't feel this item is too useful right now. Every time I build it in hopes of split pushing, I build it too late. Its too expensive for junglers and supports to afford early enough, and its a waste of money on anyone else.

Should the Banner of Command active be on a less expensive item? Discuss.

ItsJustPain

01-29-2013

it should be a lot less expensive
bring the price below 2k
1800 or less

Thubgar

01-29-2013

youre actually paying somewhere around 500 for everything it does. considering it has as many parts as it does, and that it does nothing for champions, it should either be more effective stat wise, or significantly less expensive.

phromic

01-30-2013

agreed what you mentioned happened to me several times ,because of cost . for what it is ,its really expensive . a few times also , i was gonna build it and said nah to late. so i got a aegis of the legion instead , which was way more beneficial .

The Jubmeistah

01-30-2013

Way too expensive for a support item, they definately need to reduce the price!

Ghyrt

01-30-2013

Thanks for your responses guys. I'd love to hear from some of the people who voted "no."

3mptylord

01-30-2013

They are reducing the price next patch, although not directly.

This is its recipe in the PBE: Fiendish Codex + Emblem of Valor (for a total of 2360 gold).

Fiendish Codex is now building from only an amplifying tome for AP + CDR (820 gold in total) (no faerie charm and mana regen). As a result, a lot of items are being rejiggered. Morellonomicon is now gaining a faerie charm in its recipe - so it keeps the mana regen.

Kholdstare13

01-30-2013

Let's look at this piece by piece.

The upgrade cost is 890g for 10 armor, 10 CDR, 15% minion damage, and promote. The armor boost is worth 200 gold. It could be anywhere within 0/120/320/460g for the CDR (CDR has a weird valuation), so let's take 120 when comparing to a similar (armor) item, glacial shroud and its value on the stat. You end up with 570 gold for the minion damage and active.

Compare this to Wooglet's, which is 630 gold for a 25% boost to AP and a handy active, and you can already see this item as a bit underwhelming. At the very least, they could buff the passive minion boost to 25%.

Now let's look at the components: Emblem of valor is not ideal. The only reason to get it is the bonus once you combine it into aegis and beyond. HP5 is a mostly wasted stat except for the slowest lanes in summoner's rift. The armor is only barely noticeable.

Blasting wand is pretty out of place. Few champions want to build this item with AP.

To make this item good, it would need a shift over to health or MR instead of AP, and a boost to either the passive or the defensive stats. As it stands now, even under the most generous calculations it utterly fails to be gold efficient, even IF all stats were desirable together. Don't look for a new home for promote, it belongs with the enhanced valor passive. The item just needs enough of a boost that it is efficient and feels good to buy.

McDouggal

01-30-2013

They also need to get it so the promote minion isn't treated as a pet, and thus targeted by towers first.

Ghyrt

01-31-2013

Quote:
Kholdstare13:
Let's look at this piece by piece.

The upgrade cost is 890g for 10 armor, 10 CDR, 15% minion damage, and promote. The armor boost is worth 200 gold. It could be anywhere within 0/120/320/460g for the CDR (CDR has a weird valuation), so let's take 120 when comparing to a similar (armor) item, glacial shroud and its value on the stat. You end up with 570 gold for the minion damage and active.

Compare this to Wooglet's, which is 630 gold for a 25% boost to AP and a handy active, and you can already see this item as a bit underwhelming. At the very least, they could buff the passive minion boost to 25%.

Now let's look at the components: Emblem of valor is not ideal. The only reason to get it is the bonus once you combine it into aegis and beyond. HP5 is a mostly wasted stat except for the slowest lanes in summoner's rift. The armor is only barely noticeable.

Blasting wand is pretty out of place. Few champions want to build this item with AP.

To make this item good, it would need a shift over to health or MR instead of AP, and a boost to either the passive or the defensive stats. As it stands now, even under the most generous calculations it utterly fails to be gold efficient, even IF all stats were desirable together. Don't look for a new home for promote, it belongs with the enhanced valor passive. The item just needs enough of a boost that it is efficient and feels good to buy.

Thanks for the analysis. I agree that the AP is less desirable than health and that the armor is weak. What confuses me is that you say the HP5 is a waste but also that the active belongs with Valor. Are you suggesting that the Banner should get strong enough stats to serve as a viable alternative to an Aegis, or perhaps that it should be OK to build both?

The way I see it, the stats aren't the fundamental problem; the price is. I would rather have a dead end item (e.g. S2 Haunting Guide) than one that is really good. Supports don't always get a full build anyway. If I were making the item, I would consider replacing the Blasting Rod with a Ruby Crystal and lowering the combine cost. Then people could get it earlier and possibly sell it when it gets less useful.