Smartcast - How to Disable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cloaked Figure

01-29-2013

That will cancel the ability, Chaser?

chaser676

01-29-2013

Yes

Cloaked Figure

01-29-2013

Thank you infinity.

ZioticX

01-29-2013

By your posts on the first page it seems you've never used flash... or any other smart casting skill.

Cloaked Figure

01-29-2013

Actually Ziotic back in the day I used Flash a lot-- I think I may have never realized it was smartcast because I always clicked so fast that I thought the click did it. I only ever used it in panic mode situations anyway.

Tucking Sits

01-29-2013

Honestly, smart casting is one of those things you just have to get used to. I don't always smart cast my abilities. I usually only do it with skill shot heavy champions like Ezreal.

Cloaked Figure

01-29-2013

Understood-- I was largely hostile to the idea at first because I didn't know you could hold the key down to view the range thing. Now that I know, I can start practicing with it.

Charming Ahri

01-29-2013

Try holding the key for any smart cast abilities. Doing so will pull up the aiming helper (for skillshots) and will allow you to cancle the use of the skill by holding it for a few moments before releasing. This allows you to preaim skillshots or move your mouse to where you want the jump or skill to go. If your opponent walks in range, just release the key and tap it once quickly. I used to hate smartcasting. This trick made it usable for me.

(I see someone else mentioned this already. Good work noble forum-goer!)

Durzaka

01-29-2013

Honestly, while it is understandable to want a way to disable it, it is a benefit to your entire League experience to learn to smartcast on anyone (except for a few skills that smart casting can be harder, like Veigar stun, it makes everything easier once you get used to it).

wHiSkErTeMx73744

01-29-2013

Guys..... this thread has been resolved hours ago.