Smartcast - How to Disable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaser676

01-29-2013

Wait... you really think smartcasting punishes you? Smartcasting exists to help on most spells. Go try to play ryze without it, it's laughably bad. Almost every high level player uses it for 80%+ of their skills, you'd be silly not to. The time delay of two clicks is unarguable.

Edit

Just hover over the skill with your mouse indicator to see the range of it. And stop acting like you're in the majority and smartcasting is bad- it's quite the opposite.

Cloaked Figure

01-29-2013

Of course I think smartcasting punishes me. How am I supposed to aim without knowing how long range my ability is? You think I got as good at playing Blitzcrank as I am by guessing?

chaser676

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked Figure View Post
Of course I think smartcasting punishes me. How am I supposed to aim without knowing how long range my ability is? You think I got as good at playing Blitzcrank as I am by guessing?
It's called knowing the champion...

Cloaked Figure

01-29-2013

Well, that's definitely part of it, Chaser. But I'd still be helpless without a range indicator in combat.

The current auto-smartcast method of "hover your mouse over the ability icon then quickly move it to the target and hit a key"-- that can easily take a whole second to perform. I need to be able to get my information more quickly than that.

chaser676

01-29-2013

Just turn on the "show visual indicators" and hold q without releasing. Viloa.
Edit

Also, good job downvoting everyone who doesn't cry along with you

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

do you think that pros got good with ahri by crying on the forums?

Cloaked Figure

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
Just turn on the "show visual indicators" and hold q without releasing. Viloa.
Holy useful information, Batman! Thank you! That was just the information I needed.

coheedrocks72

01-29-2013

I love smart casting, no idea why u would want to turn it off.

Cloaked Figure

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by coheedrocks72 View Post
I love smart casting, no idea why u would want to turn it off.
As I said, the reason I didn't like it was because (without knowing the hold the key trick), I thought the only way to view the range for a smartcast spell was to hover the mouse over the ability icon in the toolbar. Since that wasn't practical in combat (as it took precious seconds), I was looking for another solution. One has been presented: hold the key down to view the rangefinder.

Actually I just thought of another good question. "If I'm holding down the key for an ability to view the range of it and my target moves out of range / behind a minion and I don't want to waste the ability, is there a way to cancel it, or do I need to hold the key down until the opportunity presents itself again?"

chaser676

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked Figure View Post
As I said, the reason I didn't like it was because (without knowing the hold the key trick), I thought the only way to view the range for a smartcast spell was to hover the mouse over the ability icon in the toolbar. Since that wasn't practical in combat (as it took precious seconds), I was looking for another solution. One has been presented: hold the key down to view the rangefinder.

Actually I just thought of another good question. "If I'm holding down the key for an ability to view the range of it and my target moves out of range / behind a minion and I don't want to waste the ability, is there a way to cancel it, or do I need to hold the key down until the opportunity presents itself again?"
While right clicking, let go