Why do Game Developers think they know what the players want? What games failed you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malgana

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLOLOLOLIN View Post
What he's saying is showing new players everything you need to know(making them understand) Doesn't really do anything. Its like saying 1+1=2 But not knowing the reason why...
Well that's where skill level comes in, can't you see that?
A decent player will see 1 + 1 = 2 and say "Hey, 1+1 =2!" and will abuse the hell out of it.

A good player would see 1 + 1 = 2 and analyze why then proceed to dissect it and see if he can't make 1 + 1 = 3 if that's what he needs it to do for him.

Lots of people just seeing that one thing is powerful and flocking to it can still be good players, but skill level comes in when people can see power, what else that power has synergies with, and why it does.
It doesn't take 10 years of grinding to find it out now though, so I don't see why that's a problem.

Ryios

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunse View Post
Blizzard

Vanilla>BC>

Everything after this point was made for 14 year old angst ridden children who need to play as death knights werewolves and eventually pandas..

I rather liked wotlk, it was good content for people who couldn't devote 40 hours a week to it. Casual raiders (2 or 3 4 hour sessions) could clear every raid not counting the harder heroics when ICC dropped.

Imbak

01-29-2013

i don't like developers taking advice from 12 year old kids either. i think 70% of online feedback is trash.

Ur little sister

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
What exactly are you afraid of Riot doing?

Deleting some fun bug/ gimmick that might show up in the future?
I was afraid they were going to change Kat (all-time favorite champion) into a braindead pubstomper when the rework was announced. Aand they did.

Sir Loins

01-29-2013

Game that I was most excited for and then put out the least.. Dragon's dogma.
I was so excited for that game just for it to turn out to be mediocre and have thousands of mini-dlc things you have to buy.
Typical capcom

Kyuubey

01-29-2013

Skyrim disappointed me because I wanted quests like that murder house that was back in Oblivion.

Yma Sumac

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
I enjoyed Fallout: New Vegas for awhile, but its an ocean of content with knee-high depth.

Not to mention the second half of the game is pretty much arbitrarily deciding the fate of the region with very limited choices.

I much prefered the scavenger/ small-time hero feel of the first half.

Honestly, Skyrim is kind of the same way IMO.
Skyrim is a terrible game that represents how far Bethesda has fallen

The actual vanilla content is ****, so it's up to moddders to do the work bethesda failed at. It's basically now a waifu simulator where you download dress mods. There are some decent new quest mods but they are undevelopped

unless you are a poor ****** who bought it on console

either it's a terrible product, it is more of a toy than a game to be honest

WellWHOOOOSThis

01-29-2013

The biggest fail for me was probably Diablo 3.

LightEntite

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fatalii View Post
The new final fantasy games. Everything after ff10 just blows. No free world map and ****

FF12 was godlike. X-2 had a ****ty story but was an otherwise awesome RPG with plenty of stuff to do.

FF13 was just.....ugh. Yeah the XIII series has murdered everything about Final Fantasy, and despite nobody caring about it...Square just seems to be DETERMINED to make us like the ****ty cast of FFXIII and its stupid storyline.

Final Fantasy 13 is like, the ONE game that nobody on earth wanted a sequel to. And now we've got 3 of them.

And it was K

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryios View Post
I rather liked wotlk, it was good content for people who couldn't devote 40 hours a week to it. Casual raiders (2 or 3 4 hour sessions) could clear every raid not counting the harder heroics when ICC dropped.
I think the heroic raids were actually top notch too. Especially Ulduar and ICC. What killed Wrath for me was everything other than raiding. They destroyed server communities, the life and sense of adventure in the overworld, small group content, and the PvP was bad.