Why do Game Developers think they know what the players want? What games failed you?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iZallen

02-04-2013

Fallout 3.

Beverice

02-04-2013

Diablo 3.

VengefulMarv

02-04-2013

Well, this is gonna be a harsh one.
-Diablo 3. The devs for that are like a bunch of monkeys f***ing a football.
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Looked good, but other than that, complete fail. Complete utter fail.
-CoD Black Ops 2. It just... doesn't feel like the CoD I played for so many hours.
-The Black Road rpg. The map/mod for War3. Man, the sequel sucked so bad. It trashed everything good about the version everyone loved to play.
-Fable. The first one was awesome... and then they screwed it.

For what it's worth, I liked skyrim. I did NOT like oblivion.

Calderweiss

02-04-2013

Morello comes in and restores hope.

XxCRONOxX

02-04-2013

League of legends.

Tribes Ascend.

dota 2 here i come

Aithòs

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaarrjj View Post
Feel free to disagree with me, but you haven't really contested my point. You've actually only helped my argument.

These either help you get into raids, or help you get gear when your luck sucks at winning gear.

Isn't progression when you have heroic dungeon gear already, and you are moving into raids.
We aren't talking about PvP Content. We are talking about Raiding Content. In any case, it's not only slightly less good, secondary stats are EXTREMELY important. I dont think "you've" played WoW recently.
You need to raid to actually make use of crafting gear thats useful.

It's all linked to raiding. It really is.
Sorry for the butchered quote, apparently it doesn't get what you quoted, but here is your original post: "Raids HAVE to be inclusive for the most part. Because that's the only major content in a MMO at max level on the PvE aspect of it. That's the only way to really "progress". How could you miss that? That's why there's heroic raids, so people who want challenging content can go and do that and feel exclusive. And even the new thing where there's a uber secret hard boss that is only unlocked in heroic mode.

I'm actually really startled you could miss something like that. I'm glad league of legends is a game where everyone can participate at max level."

The problem with your opinion, aside from the fact you clearly haven't played the new expansion at all is that you don't even understand your own argument. You say that raids are the only means of progressing your character, so I rebut that by offering several alternatives for character progression and you say that I'm helping your argument?

Let's break this down:

1) Progression means different things to different types of players. To a raider it is either gear level or boss kills, for an average raider it is the former and for a heroic raider it is the latter. To PvPers it is your team rating, to completionists it is achievements, to alt-a-holics it is maxing every class or every profession. So to assume that "gear" is the only means of progressing your character is silly.

2) Even if gear is your means of measuring progression I just offered you several alternative ways to gear your character without every stepping foot inside a single raid. Heroics give you 463 gear, scenarios can drop 476, valor is 489, crafting is 476+, pvp gear is 470-483. The raiding tiers are 476 (LFR), 496 (normal) and 509 (heroic). So you can obtain gear solidly between the two average raiding tiers without raiding at all.

Oh, and by the way..PVP gear has had secondary stats since MOP launched last September and the pvp stats are no longer itemized, so the comment about them being nearly as good for PVE is accurate and you have shown how little you know about current end game. Also, you can easily buy any and all materials you need to craft the "good" gear on the AH for little to nothing. Gold is ridiculously easy to make these days, so as stated there are a plethora of progression options outside of raiding.

We weren't talking about raid content. You made the argument that the only means of progressing a character at end game MMO was through raiding and therefore it had to be inclusive. I disagreed and called you out. You completely missed my entire point , but hey...it's all good. Let's just say you know literally nothing about the current state of WoW and aren't in any way representative of anything and leave it at that.

I could tell you all about my current and past WoW experience, it doesn't matter. What matters is that I have a better understanding of the current end game and so it's a little ridiculous for you to be commenting about it as if you're representative of anything when you haven't even played the game recently.

One last point, the super secret boss you unlock only in heroic you said was "new"...that was tier 11 way back in 2010 at the start of the last expansion....so yeah, just saying.

Darklarik

02-04-2013

What i want/need, is to know what you guys have planned for Rengar http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...0#post34060290

I spent good money on that champ, only to be cheated when you nerfbliterated him, only for a few months later to say: "we had no idea what we were doing, herez HAV SOm BUFFS"

Only hes still in a terrrrrrrible place.

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Riot Games is a step above post-Broodwar Blizzard and 100 steps above Ankama Games (hurrdurr broken content and loyal fanbase? better release 3 dungeons, 18 bosses, 47 sets, and 300 new mats to farm and split up the company's senior workforce on horizontally branching into 5+ new media areas. Every season.)
I can see that the pursuit of excellence should never be quiet, but people should stop COMPLAINING about the best gaming company in the world as if it weren't trying.

BRTHEBEST

02-04-2013

Dragon Age 2 was a pretty massive disappointment. Also, Deus Ex 2, Diablo 3.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
One other thing to watch is "the game used to be good when the game was less mature, and it sucks now because of changes" thing. Many times, players just get tired of a game after 1000's of hours, and that's natural. I still think WoW is a cool game, I just can't wring any more enjoyment out of it.
I feel that TF2's continued updates are a shining example of how to keep a game fresh- not unlike new Champions in LoL.