Banned for this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhiteRà

01-29-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6155621/#nogo
Ok, maybe I was a little bit mean on the 2nd game, but the first game? What did I do wrong?

PenguinKillBear

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRà View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6155621/#nogo
Ok, maybe I was a little bit mean on the 2nd game, but the first game? What did I do wrong?
Once in the tribunal any content worthy of a punish is suppose to be punished. Your 2nd game was easily bad enough to warrant a punish.

WhiteRà

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinKillBear View Post
Once in the tribunal any content worthy of a punish is suppose to be punished. Your 2nd game was easily bad enough to warrant a punish.
Alright thank you. What about if people false report, what can I do about it then?

Mokai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Regardless of my feelings towards the first case, the Tribunal doesn't distribute partial punishments for only a portion of games being deemed unacceptable. Based on your second game it's clear some form of punishment had to be assigned, but the fact you recognize you went too far there shows a lot of promise in you hopefully learning from this experience.

As for false reporting, League automatically deals with them in time. People who report others over and over again for no reason eventually get recognized by the reporting system and singled out. Their reporting "power" becomes less and less valued, eventually reaching the point where the report system completely ignores them. A year or two ago a large wave of these players got suspended by Riot for this sort of behavior.

WhiteRà

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokai View Post
Regardless of my feelings towards the first case, the Tribunal doesn't distribute partial punishments for only a portion of games being deemed unacceptable. Based on your second game it's clear some form of punishment had to be assigned, but the fact you recognize you went too far there shows a lot of promise in you hopefully learning from this experience.
Thank you. I deserved it and to be honest 3 days isn't bad. But it should have only shown the cast I should have been banned for. All I did was curse on the first game and that isn't against rules, or else you wouldn't have been to turn off the filter.

People false report just because of their team is unskilled/makes them lose.

PenguinKillBear

01-29-2013

Quote:
Alright thank you. What about if people false report, what can I do about it then?
False reports happen. No getting around that. There are safe guards in place for that though.
1) the average LoL player gets reported in 1-5% of games. currently people on the tribunal are around 25%. For all of those to be false reports would be a statistical outlier.

2) People who are show to abuse the report feature, and issue false reports, their report weight is diminished to being meaningless.

3) Hypothetically speaking, lets say you did get the tribunal off of only false reports. Unlikely, but lets assume that. Then you would still be pardoned by the tribunal for doing nothing wrong.

Evidence supports that the idea of "spam punishers" in the tribunal is statistically irrelevant, and new information shows that there are actually quite a few spam pardoners out there. This is just bonus info, the important stuff was 1-3.

WhiteRà

01-29-2013

Quote:
False reports happen. No getting around that. There are safe guards in place for that though.
1) the average LoL player gets reported in 1-5% of games. currently people on the tribunal are around 25%. For all of those to be false reports would be a statistical outlier.

2) People who are show to abuse the report feature, and issue false reports, their report weight is diminished to being meaningless.

3) Hypothetically speaking, lets say you did get the tribunal off of only false reports. Unlikely, but lets assume that. Then you would still be pardoned by the tribunal for doing nothing wrong.

Evidence supports that the idea of "spam punishers" in the tribunal is statistically irrelevant, and new information shows that there are actually quite a few spam pardoners out there. This is just bonus info, the important stuff was 1-3.
Alright thanks for the info!

PenguinKillBear

01-29-2013

Quote:
Alright thanks for the info!
No problem. We aim to help so that people dont get banned in the future.

Docboy2196

01-29-2013

Quote:

Only if you leave it up the interpretation committee...just sayin - what he thinks is unacceptable I find acceptable .. then what? How does that effect the tribunal votes?

PenguinKillBear

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docboy2196 View Post
Only if you leave it up the interpretation committee...just sayin - what he thinks is unacceptable I find acceptable .. then what? How does that effect the tribunal votes?
Obviously majority. That is the point of the tribunal. To decide what the community finds acceptable based on guidelines from Riot.