Gf troubles

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrDeath28

01-29-2013

Kill her... pinfull,slow death

BruisingPrune

01-29-2013

Tell her that you're allowed to have hobbies and don't need permission to play video games.

If she doesn't like that then tell her to **** off. If she actually does, then she obviously didn't love you enough to deserve you.

Making yourself second to the woman is the easiest way to ruin your own relationship, eventually you'll become unhappy.

Source: personal experience

Goth Skunk

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDeath28 View Post
Kill her... pinfull,slow death
Judging by your username, I suspect that 'death' in general is your answer to a lot of things?

Maagnim

01-29-2013

Learn to give each other space and time apart. IT isn't healthy to be together alllll the time. Use that time for LoL. If you can't get the preceding right, then you need to break up because, trust me, you are going to get sick of the same person being in your face 24/7. When you actually live together/get married, it is going to get even worse if you guys haven't figured out how to get a break from each other.

MrDeath28

01-29-2013

Quote:
Judging by your username, I suspect that 'death' in general is your answer to a lot of things?
yup, lol

oh you wanna die

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth Skunk View Post
Thank you, captain obvious. As if it wasn't apparent from my post that I made my peace with that decision long ago.

And what's wrong with living alone?

didn't say living alone, I said you deserve to BE alone. Huge difference.

gNate128

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaboopie View Post
Talk to her...? See why she doesn't like it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maagnim View Post
Learn to give each other space and time apart. IT isn't healthy to be together alllll the time. Use that time for LoL. If you can't get the preceding right, then you need to break up because, trust me, you are going to get sick of the same person being in your face 24/7. When you actually live together/get married, it is going to get even worse if you guys haven't figured out how to get a break from each other.
This my friend, is wisdom

Lykurgus

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
Welcome to stage one of an abusive relationship. Either bring it to ger attention how this isn't acceptable or find a way to weasel out of the relationship.

Yes, this will eventually turn in to something much larger where your every ounce of free time must be devoted to her, if this is what you want to do it is fine but allowing yourself to be forced in to it through emotional manipulation is not ok and is in a way abusive. This will detereorate your relationship even more communicating what you want and how you feel about it is probably the best thing to do here.

Getting her to play is not the solution, accepting that both of you have things you can do seperately is fine, figure a happy medium but at the same time do not give in to someones whims especially when they're main tool to use on you is emotional manipulation.
You sir, are very wise indeed.

The idea is to communicate to your significant other that you wish to have some time to do things by yourself or with your friends, that time spent apart, even a couple hours is all in all a healthy part of any relationship. If you are berated for anything you do that doesn't include her, then it isn't going to be a healthy relationship in the long term.

oh you wanna die

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankopotamus View Post
We are both in college and she may as well live with me at this point. I spend plenty of time with her, take her out and even cook for her, but she still gets upset when i play LoL for a few hours with my friends.
GD wut do!?
Edit: I've tried to get her to play, but she views this as a very childish game. Pffft, women.
Edit #2: Whenever I do play I prefer to play with my with friends (I tend to stay away from Yolo queue) and I make sure to at least offer her the other half of my headphones so she can join in on the conversation (which she gladly accepts most of the time). Meh, maybe I am just an uber a*****e and I'm just being dense as usual.

You're never going to get serious answers from this forum. You're going to get a bunch of Forever Alone's telling you to forget her. You obviously care about her if you're asking for help on what to do about the situation, but you're not going to get what you're looking for here.

Duke Br0heimer

01-29-2013

If your GF can't take it when you pursue a hobby of yours, no matter what it is, then she's probably a demanding ***** and you'd be better off without her.

1234567 ... 8