Jagex, Bring Back Old RS - PETITION

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xYol0swag420x

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
The only thing more retarded than Jagex is their playerbase. I'm not too clear on what this EoC is, but I'm sure those people are only whining about it because it's change, not because it's actually bad.
Runescape was originally played by clicking on your enemy once to attack and then waiting and watching as the fight played out. Occasionally you would switch equipment or eat food, switch prayers.

EoC made it so that you click once to initiate a fight then you tap 1-5 repeatedly until the fight ends, occasionally pressing 6-0 when you generated enough energy pressing 1-5 that you could activate a stronger skill.
You could also use an ability which would strengthen your attacks for 20 minutes and prevent the use of other abilities so you could play the old way, although the overall dps was less than spamming 1-5.

EoC was created to increase the "skill" required to play, but because they released it when it was clearly not ready it only increased the effort required to play.

Then they changed how equipment scales from a linear to an exponential curve, making skill irrelevant compared to equipment.
A maxed level player in level 50 equipment will lose badly when facing a player with 70 in all stats and level 70 equipment.

Money now rules the game, effectively killing most of the time players spent leveling up.

Slappyhorse

01-30-2013

i miss PKing.... i went on my account on RS recently after not playing since they took out PKing for the first time, went back on and asked if anyone knew what that was and no one knew so i logged right back off. (I started playing when it was a game still offered on miniclip)

Internet

01-30-2013

people still play runescape?

I didnt even like it when it was popular...

xYol0swag420x

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet View Post
people still play runescape?

I didnt even like it when it was popular...
There's like 20k players and 50k bots on at any given time now. Except after an update when the bots go down so you can tell that there are 20k players.
That's about half of what there was before EoC.

Frost Unit

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYol0swag420x View Post
There's like 20k players and 50k bots on at any given time now. Except after an update when the bots go down so you can tell that there are 20k players.
That's about half of what there was before EoC.
Before EoC, there were usually about 100k-200k players on. Around 70k-100k during its worst hours. Yea, most of them were bots, but it doesn't change the fact that most of the players were pleased with what they got. Bots in RS are like trolls in league. Try whatever you want, someone's going to find a way to do something which may ruin others gaming experience. Now, I'm not sure how many people play regularly since I haven't played for a year....

Frost Unit

01-30-2013

Bump

Frost Unit

01-30-2013

Bumpp..

Frost Unit

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
The thing is, Runescape is an old game and it is never going to be a WoW, GW2, etc. The players who played it liked it because of how the game was. By changing the combat system, they have stepped out of the niche market they existed in.

The thing is, I don't think the market they are stepping into will do them any favors since most of the people who like more active combat will probably play games like GW2. They are basically a game that is now halfway to an active combat system and halfway to an old turn based system.

The thing is, it didn't need to change. It already had a decent playerbase and this is nothing more than a hopeless attempt to attract new customers. I only see this acting to shrink their current playerbase.
Yes! You seem to understand exactly what is happening.
Playing a game for fun is a voluntary decision. If you don't like it, you won't play it. When it changes this much, its just not that same game anymore.

Frost Unit

02-01-2013

Bump!

MajorSwain

02-01-2013

I don't care for the new system of combat, even as a veteran of over 10 years playing Runescape, I just don't feel compelled to play Runescape at all anymore.