Jagex, Bring Back Old RS - PETITION

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frost Unit

01-29-2013

Please sign this petition for Jagex to add Pre-EoC servers back into Runescape!
https://www.change.org/petitions/jag...into-runescape

Link to sowr3cked's video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqYjIjDAdM8

Here's a link to ChrisArchie's video about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SRM1cFQqSw

We need all the help we can get!

vcadoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Wont help considering its 2013 now.

Frost Unit

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcadoda View Post
Wont help considering its 2013 now.
There's a lot of support for it, and now more than ever. Even Jagex has admitted to it being rushed, so I definitely think their revenue has taken a hit. The more support we get, the better chance we have, especially considering it only takes 30 seconds to sign it

And it was K

01-29-2013

The only thing more retarded than Jagex is their playerbase. I'm not too clear on what this EoC is, but I'm sure those people are only whining about it because it's change, not because it's actually bad.

Frost Unit

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
The only thing more retarded than Jagex is their playerbase. I'm not too clear on what this EoC is, but I'm sure those people are only whining about it because it's change, not because it's actually bad.
Well, that's pretty harsh...
But you're not seeing it logically.
We (most of the players) started playing before EoC, and we liked it that way. Then they changed it, and we didn't like the new RS. It's not the same game we liked. Why is that so hard to understand? If the government of your country made a new policy that all citizens have a 5:00 p.m curfew, would you fight against it, or say people are only whining about it because it's change?
Similarly to that situation, Jagex relies on players for their revenues. If a large portion of their playerbase quit because they don't like the new game, then they'll bring back the old game. Simple as that.

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by oP Gol D Roger View Post
Well, that's pretty harsh...
But you're not seeing it logically.
We (most of the players) started playing before EoC, and we liked it that way. Then they changed it, and we didn't like the new RS. It's not the same game we liked. Why is that so hard to understand? If the government of your country made a new policy that all citizens have a 5:00 p.m curfew, would you fight against it, or say people are only whining about it because it's change?
Similarly to that situation, Jagex relies on players for their revenues. If a large portion of their playerbase quit because they don't like the new game, then they'll bring back the old game. Simple as that.
Do you think that Runescape is the only game to have done this? I don't claim to understand specifically what you're getting at, having not touched Runescape in several years. However from the sounds of it, they made a big step forward and the vanilla players don't like it. Well that is understandable, even predictable really. I can't name a single game that has done something of a large scale without getting some flak for it for it being 'too different'. The thing being is that, the game is moving forward yet the players are not, 50% progress. The game remaining the same and the players remaining the same, stagnation.

Frost Unit

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worstcase View Post
Do you think that Runescape is the only game to have done this? I don't claim to understand specifically what you're getting at, having not touched Runescape in several years. However from the sounds of it, they made a big step forward and the vanilla players don't like it. Well that is understandable, even predictable really. I can't name a single game that has done something of a large scale without getting some flak for it for it being 'too different'. The thing being is that, the game is moving forward yet the players are not, 50% progress. The game remaining the same and the players remaining the same, stagnation.
I get what you mean. And what will happen is, in a year or two, new players will join WHO LIKE the current RS, and they iwll become the playerbase of that time. But the playerbase of NOW will be lost. So, if they do bring back the older RS, they will keep the playerbase of now, and gain the playerbase of the next few years that is attracted to the EoC.

Even if they don't bring back the older RS, current players will eventually learn to like the EoC, but I want to play the game that I like right now, not the game I sort of like.

Frost Unit

01-30-2013

Bump!

Chicago 777

01-30-2013

runescape died now let it be dead peacefully.

Zerocaliber

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worstcase View Post
The thing is, Runescape is an old game and it is never going to be a WoW, GW2, etc. The players who played it liked it because of how the game was. By changing the combat system, they have stepped out of the niche market they existed in.

The thing is, I don't think the market they are stepping into will do them any favors since most of the people who like more active combat will probably play games like GW2. They are basically a game that is now halfway to an active combat system and halfway to an old turn based system.

The thing is, it didn't need to change. It already had a decent playerbase and this is nothing more than a hopeless attempt to attract new customers. I only see this acting to shrink their current playerbase.