Anyone else switching to Smite: Domination?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

It looks bad... maybe if I get lots of recommendations from friends I'll give it a shot.

Sakuri Ono

01-29-2013

Eh, not enough to make me go back to it. I hate the art style quite a bit. So unappealing to me personally. On the plus side I'm quite happy and least someone's trying to swoop in and capitalize on the market most of RIOT is painfully ignoring.

NamKim

01-29-2013

I am far too lazy to try to even try to play Smite. I'm sure it's a great game. I remember back when I played Waracraft III, someone made a custom map with the same concept in mind. I will admit that I got into that map more than I ever did with DotA. I really like Dominion, so something like Dominion in that style sounds kind of sort of neat.

If you guys try it out and you really, really enjoy it, I might try it out. But anything less, I don't care enough about it to make a change.

But because I'm NamKim and I have to add something stupid to my posts to make you facepalm yourselves..."I refuse to leave League of Legends unless that other game has Draven."

0shi

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
i will keep palying league becauseof my friends but i'll try smite, after all they got me with this:

Note that Domination has its own first win of the day bonus. <--this equals a higher playerbase playing it and a higher chance for people liking it and getting into it instead of the sr ****dbags we get here on a weekly basis insulting us and telling us to play normals like "adults" and the "real deal".
I don't feel like an individual win of the day bonus is a good way to get more players into a mode, it just forces anyone interested in progressing at an optimal rate to play both modes, probably taking one of them much less seriously and becoming more annoyed with it.
I'd compare it to WoW's battleground weekends / old win of the day system, which would often force me to endure AV, SoTA or, god forbid, IoC. Being forced to go there didn't increase my interest in those abortions, it just annoyed me that Blizzard had set it up that way.
As to playing Smite, I simply can't be bothered re-learning a game, let alone purchasing champions.

animegirl1998

01-30-2013

hmm maybe this game has some semblence of balance...

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

meh smite , i i wanted to play a mmo shooter i'd play planet side2

at least its graphix doesn't look like something from the 80's

Defendi

01-30-2013

No. After watching a quick video you will find that for me the games down fall is you cannot follow the action. Maybe it the graphics or the animations but it looks to crowed and or bulky. Cant put my finger on it but to much is going on. But then again it was only one video 'plays of the week'.

OxBaker

01-30-2013

For those of you who do create accounts there, you should add "loldom" to you're names so that we can better identify each other.

Romantico Jaguar

01-30-2013

I have been playing SMITE for a while. I am a big fan of all of the modes (Conquest, Arena, Domination, MOTD). I really enjoy the all-skillshot play style. I find that the biggest problem in their Domination game mode is that the Meta hasn't been thoroughly established. People run everywhere and freak out when you lose a point (even though you still own 2).

I still enjoy LoL and Dominion better than SMITE but it's a nice change of pace and worth your time.