Anyone else switching to Smite: Domination?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OxBaker

01-29-2013

http://www2.hirezstudios.com/smitega...15-patch-notes

Basically it's a knockoff of Dominion but I'm kinda tired of hoping and praying that RIOT will do anything with the many issues on this mode so I think I'll be giving it a shot. Anyone else gonna give it a whirl?

Golly

01-29-2013

When they release the client out of beta if the following happen:

1) There is a ranked option.

2) The queue times are reasonable.

Then I see no reason why I wouldn't at least try it.

As it is, I sometimes load up smite b/c I like a change of pace and cannot stand LoL SR.

edit: There is also some hesitation due to the history that I have with HiRez games. I loved global agenda, but they have shown a similar dis-interest in doing simple things to keep it alive that Riot shows for Dominion. That will factor heavily into my decision to play another game that possibly will do nothing to help themselves.

lbgsloan

01-29-2013

Ha, they actually made the exact map layout change I would have like to have seen Dominion changed to in S3; 3 points, 4 players. Nobody stuck babysitting bottom lane all game. I am interested to see how it plays out, but Riot is smart with one thing with their game; the IP grind enforces brand loyalty. I have little desire to grind out another moba's champions after sinking so much time (and some money) into LoL champions, runes, and skins.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Wow that looks really cool. Didnt know it existed. I wont play most likely because I dont do well with first person shooter perspectiove....I get seasick. :-(

Nice info though.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

I'm not a fan of the perspective either, but i might give it a shot just cause it's free.

SirLucious LftFt

01-29-2013

i played this game relatively extensively for about 3 weeks,
my favorite things were-

everythings a skillshot including auto atks. that means no right clicky auto win toons if u get fed, also tanks are amazing because they can "take a bullet" for a squishy with almost any spell thrown

people only show up in map if someone on your team sees them from the front. this means you can actualy stalk people, and if ur not always looking behind ur bak ur gonna get ganked. It added a lot of intense moments in the jungle and just fun play.

the game at least when i played it about months ago was pretty unpolished but it was fun. im definatly gonna try it out but i have buddies who play this and none who play that, so i would be surpised if i flipped.

Infirc

01-29-2013

i will keep palying league becauseof my friends but i'll try smite, after all they got me with this:

Note that Domination has its own first win of the day bonus. <--this equals a higher playerbase playing it and a higher chance for people liking it and getting into it instead of the sr ****dbags we get here on a weekly basis insulting us and telling us to play normals like "adults" and the "real deal".

HaIfhearted

01-29-2013

I tried Smite, but my computer couldn't play it at a reasonable speed, so that's not an option for me : (

Fabs457

01-29-2013

looks pretty interesting, I'll definitely try it. Thanks op

Herboss

01-29-2013

Wow that looks pretty fun, like how it's all skill shots (though that might suck with an Aussie ping). Will definitely check it out.