New game mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wintersblood

01-29-2013

Possiably you wouldn't have to have a jungle at all or even a full map could be just three spearte lanes, could even be a timed game match, and you would just have to teleport to help your team mates, could be different waves of minions different types even the jungle minions that are in the 5's or 3's in lane mode would be pretty cool and would make things alot tougher.

RogueVector

01-29-2013

That would come under my definition of 'unnecessarily restrictive'. There's a reason vanilla game modes (summoners rift, twisted treeline) allow for roaming. Also, given that champions are balanced for SR, a game mode like this would break several push-heavy carries (Morde, Sivir as mentioned earlier) and make it a no fun map.

Wintersblood

01-29-2013

Yeah but you could be limited to choice from a select amount of champs.. ? Morde and sivir etc aren't unstoppable? i mean seriously its about skill.

RogueVector

01-29-2013

They're not unstoppable if you have the right champ to counter them.

Its not just about skill, its about picking fights to your advantage as well because if you have a Mordekaiser and you're using, say, Graves against him, you're getting demolished because you don't have the sustain that Morde has, and he'll be able to tank you with his mace-to-ass ability giving him his shield. Graves just isn't built for lane pushing like Morde is able to. Singed vs Darius is going to end badly for the Darius more often than not, because a Singed has the advantage of being able to stay away and if he gets pulled in by the Darius it works to his advantage more often than not.

Picking counters to champions is as much a part of your skill and knowledge base as using the individual champions themselves, and if you're locked in lane with someone that is your counter, well... you're going to see a lot more people AFK and QQ in this game mode.

Wintersblood

01-29-2013

yeah but like i said its still draft pick so u can choose your champs and still have the ability to ban.. So really just like a normal draft or ranked game its up to you on weather you get countered hard or pick a decent choice

RogueVector

01-29-2013

Yes, but you can ban 3 champions on your own team. The enemy team can ban 3 champions. That makes 6 champions out of the 110 released champions that you can ban. Inevitably, someone is going to get countered. The usual response to being in a lane with your counter is to switch with someone else for a more favorable match, but oh wait: you can't do that.

ploki122

01-29-2013

No matter how hard they are, I have to agree with those saying the idea is bad...

I'm all up for discussing an idea, but here are the few factors that I think are hardly solvable, if not totally unsolvable :
- Counters : You have, maybe, 1 jungler to make sure that every single lanes are winning. What that means is that if you have a lane that is countered (nothing hard, just something like Leblanc vs Janna). So you have to manage to gank that lane way more than the opponent, since the lane is far lost since level 1. This makes purple have a huge advantage.

- Stale Gameplay : If there is one, the jungler's job is to gank, always. You will never see a jungling kayle or jungling Shyv/Malph... You need to have strong ganks from level 2 to level 18, and must require little to no gears, since no matter how trashy you are, the goal is simply for your laners to win lane. As for the laners, like another said, it's impossible to innovate, and bring in a roaming support, or have 2-1-2 for lanes, since the lanes are restricted in this one.

- No Comeback : In every maps, although it is a bit harder on Dominion, there is a way to simply play more defensively and close the gap, or at least prevent it from expanding, with the enemy team once you're behind. In most cases, it includes roaming and jungling, 2 things that are unavailable here. If you start losing lane, just harass your jungler more, he'll come.

- No Incentive to not deny an enemy : Your goal is to lane, meaning that once you're in the lead, you can enjoy zoning the enemy laner to your hearth content for the next 45 minutes, or until minions kill the tower. I guess that guy will enjoy his game once he's against a Teemo with triple his farm.

Wintersblood

01-30-2013

You guys aren't listening and understanding anything.. I SAID YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO HAVE A JUNGLER NO JUNGLE AREA AT ALL JUST THREE SEPARTE LANES WITH SPACE INBETWEEN ONLY WAY HELP YOUR TEAM MATES IS TO GET EITHER A CHAMP KILL IN YOUR LANE OR SO MANY MINION KILLS THEN YOU CAN USE A TELEPORT AND ITS COULD BE LIKE A TIMED GAME>>

The5lacker

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintersblood View Post
You guys aren't listening and understanding anything.. I SAID YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO HAVE A JUNGLER NO JUNGLE AREA AT ALL JUST THREE SEPARTE LANES WITH SPACE INBETWEEN ONLY WAY HELP YOUR TEAM MATES IS TO GET EITHER A CHAMP KILL IN YOUR LANE OR SO MANY MINION KILLS THEN YOU CAN USE A TELEPORT AND ITS COULD BE LIKE A TIMED GAME>>
And that's still either a ****ty idea or just Summoner's Rift.

Wintersblood

01-30-2013

nope its not, and its not just summoner's rift.. and everything you write everything you say will be ignored, cause your a noob and a loser, all you are is a pathetic waste of time.. Geta life, lose some weight and stop being such a negative ***. thanks.