Mundo need guide for mundo!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZyloWolfBane

05-25-2010

Ok, I just bought Mundo...one of the only champs I havent yet purchased (Other than 3 of the 6100 range champs) and I originally dismissed him when I first started a couple weeks back (He was free at the time and I didnt understand how important item builds were) but playing with him now hes freakin awesome.

I understand his playstyle, chucking cleavers whenever I get a chance and a clean shot but I would like some advice on an item build.

Last match I did I tried out:

-Boots of Swiftness
-Frozen Hammer
-Randuins Omen (For Armor/CD Reduction for faster cleavers and ult and of course even faster HP regen)
-Force Of Nature (LOTS more regen)

It was over by then with that setup, and man that HP regen was insane, if you pop his ult nothin can stop you.

But Im open to other suggestions, Frozen Hammer wasnt really needed all that much since many other things have alot of HP and Mundo has his own slow effect, so I thought about swapping that for Starks Furvour for a little attack speed/life drain and regen on top of the already epic regen rates from the other items plus his passive.

Thoughts?

Phaerius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2010

look into spirit visage, it's a 1350 gold item that increases all healing and regeneration by 25%, GREAT item for mundo. Also gives you minor MR and CDR. Because of the way it works, it increases the 0.6% health regen you'll have from your passive and force of nature, as well as your ult.

Ocasionally you'll get into games where it gets to late game and you'll be able to survive fairly well, but need to kill towers/enemies in teamfights, so I like to use my last item slots on say a phantom dancer or atmas impaler. Phantom dancer increases your movement speed, and gives you some dodge for added melee survivability, because it buffs your attack speed and crit rate, it is a great item to take advantage of mundo's already high base damage.

Atma's gives you the armor that your build may lack, as well as building off of your health pool, if you choose to grab a warmogs and the omen, it will be fairly large. Barring games where I'm getting severely stomped by enemy carries, I generally aim for 160-180 armor/mr and 3-4k health. Adding these to mundo's powerful health regen makes you a formidible tank.

ZyloWolfBane

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korialstrazs View Post
look into spirit visage, it's a 1350 gold item that increases all healing and regeneration by 25%, GREAT item for mundo. Also gives you minor MR and CDR. Because of the way it works, it increases the 0.6% health regen you'll have from your passive and force of nature, as well as your ult.

Ocasionally you'll get into games where it gets to late game and you'll be able to survive fairly well, but need to kill towers/enemies in teamfights, so I like to use my last item slots on say a phantom dancer or atmas impaler. Phantom dancer increases your movement speed, and gives you some dodge for added melee survivability, because it buffs your attack speed and crit rate, it is a great item to take advantage of mundo's already high base damage.

Atma's gives you the armor that your build may lack, as well as building off of your health pool, if you choose to grab a warmogs and the omen, it will be fairly large. Barring games where I'm getting severely stomped by enemy carries, I generally aim for 160-180 armor/mr and 3-4k health. Adding these to mundo's powerful health regen makes you a formidible tank.
Alrighty, I'll give Visage a go next time I use mundo, thats a better first item than frozen hammer, and for alot less gold.

Phaerius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2010

I personally like to build an early warmogs, the extra health early helps in laning more than either of the spirit visage's building block items, but you can definitely finish spirit visage in a hurry, and just in time to take advantage of your ult.

NecroMage

05-25-2010

Zeal. You will thank me.

Xeroxhands

05-25-2010

I refer to the above builds as the "Boring Builds".

Phantom Dancer, Frozen Mallet, Boots vary.

ZyloWolfBane

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korialstrazs View Post
I personally like to build an early warmogs, the extra health early helps in laning more than either of the spirit visage's building block items, but you can definitely finish spirit visage in a hurry, and just in time to take advantage of your ult.
Yeah I keep confusing Warmogs with the snowball items like Levi or SS so I ignored it and went with Force Of Nature, plus the enemy team was largely caster based anyway so it fit the situation.

Im not sure why in the hell Visage skipped my mind, I always use that on CD based champs AND it has HP regen, I really wonder what Riot thinks about when they put the recommended items for each character up because Visage is TOTALLY made for Mundo!

I mean its certainly a more beneficial item to him than the Frozen Mallet is.

Phaerius

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeroxhands View Post
I refer to the above builds as the "Boring Builds".

Phantom Dancer, Frozen Mallet, Boots vary.
I don't really build dps mundo, the one time I tried it went terribly. Build him with health and regen first, because he uses it for all his attacks, and it's the basis of his abilities, and then get damage items later, when people aren't dying sufficiently to masochism, burning agony and cleaver.

Yana

05-25-2010

Warmogs is just way too expensive for what it does. Also, your farming earlygame isn't that great anyway. I'd much rather go with spirit visage (or warden's mail if they've got males of physical damage chars). This is partially because you need hp/5 ASAP otherwise your skills are soon going to outgrow your HP/5 in cost and you'll be restricted in their use. Also, better value for gold.

Follow up with either zeal stacking, or my personal and tried and true favourite, last whisper + atmas impaler, and IE if you get insanely rich or frozen mallet if you need to get more health.

TBH, tank mundo isn't that good since people never really focus fire you, but I'll leave that as a discussion for another time.

Phaerius

05-25-2010

I've had games where I get focus-fired, and games when I get ignored, when I get ignored I build damage items, but it usually doesn't happen. Mundo does a lot of damage even without items.