Kiting, what is it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrulerjoe View Post
I was wondering the same thing...So would Singed be the king of Kiting? I mean...Assuming your enemy follows you without noticing what your doing xD
yes singed is the king of kiting.

Cloaked Figure

Recruiter

01-29-2013

I said the term was often used for it. Correctly or incorrectly, it's important to know that so you don't get confused when you hear your Garen or whoever say he's trying to kite them.

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-29-2013

I have yet to hear anyone use kite to replace bait. I have played other 5k games. maybe lower lvl people say that but since its incorrect im correcting it here so they dont get the **** trolled out of them in game when saying that. just because some people say that does not make it correct.

let just say we use your logic of someone uses kite to mean bait. if someone tells me they are kiting someone. cool gj on kiting. im not going to act like he ment to say bait. That would be like telling your team that your building tank then build nothing but ad. we would use the correct term and say bruiser.

OriginalJack

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked Figure View Post
I would also add that kiting is often used to refer to wounded or otherwise appetizing champions baiting a powerful enemy champion into chasing them as a set up for an ambush.
TrueSkillz is correct what you're talking about is technically baiting not kiting. Kiting is just attacking why you remain out of reach. I suppose you could be kiting them into an ambush but that would still be baiting you're just attacking while you bait them.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-29-2013

Kiting is, as succinctly as possible, 'keeping an enemy's interest in you without letting him catch you.' I.e., imagine him being a kite, and you're on the other end of the string.

Honestly, I'd consider kiting a subset of baiting (or both subsets of a third term). While the enemy might not be getting baited into an ambush, they're still making the subpar choice of chasing you rather than retreating or choosing another target.

To the 'kill in time' acronym suggestion, that's just plain wrong. While you can kill them while kiting, damage isn't a necessity of kiting.

Ban Lebroken

01-29-2013

kiting, the event when an enemy champion follows you, while you slow them and deal damage to them at the same time, champion like ashe, teemo, and ezreal are all great kiters.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-29-2013

That "kill in time" acronym isn't right at all. Better toss that one in the trash along with "gank" being an acronym for "go around 'n kill" and "mob" for "monster or beast",