Top lane tips :

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFakeSit

01-29-2013

Hey guys I've played a bit of League of Legends and I've watched a fair bit of 'pro' streams such as Voyboy and Dyrus so i figured i would give you guys some tips for top lane seeing as that's the only lane i play.

Tip 1 )Pushing/Positioning.

If the enemy is pushing your lane, let it push and do your best to 'freeze' it at your turret(DON'T blow it up even if you want to, pick your cs individually) You should be able to zone him out of quite a bit of cs. If he wants to stay up and get cs and exp your jungle should have free ganks all game.

Tip 2) Trading and harass.

Never prioritize poking over farming. Only if you're going to deal a lot of damage and possibly force your opponent out of lane should you be missing cs for poke. Just use your judgement to decide. Obviously missing 3 cs to deal 50 damage isn't worth it, while missing 2-3 to deal 150-200 damage may be. I would only suggest trading AA if you have more minions. Always remember to step in the bush after you AA the enemy champion.

Tip 3)Wards.

If your creeps are in the middle of the lane or pushed towards his turret then you MUST ward the Tri bush/River depending on where the lane is at. (DON'T ward the river bush, it does nothing. You ward needs to be much deeper. A little bit before the baron area tends to work best)

Tip 4) Roaming do's and don'ts.

If your top lane roams to the middle lane and you notice this and you and your mid lane are stronger than the enemy then you can follow your lane and fight. The same goes for dragon, if your team can contest the dragon or fight for it then you can follow your lane. If you're weaker then don't follow. Instead push your lane and take the top tower.

Hope these helped. Thanks

TheFakeSit

01-29-2013

Bump

Forgot Boots

01-29-2013

Good tips, I'm a low elo player and a lot of this stuff makes sense.

CTElephant

01-29-2013

Any suggestions on good top champs and specifics for them? Like, would nautilus make a good top? I know cho does, as does elise. Also any other suggestions or tips would be great. I think your tips are very helpful. If only more threads were like this. Thank you .

hs2774

05-31-2013

What about roaming? When are you allowed/not allowed to roam?
How can you enter team fights while not abandoning/losing your top tower?