How to get good CS ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XAlFias

01-29-2013

I have seen in Ranked matches and in tournaments that players wait for their minions to lower enemy minions' health then get the last hit to get the gold and thus earn thousands of golds in 10 minutes or less , but when i try that , i kinda miss it . i get like 3 to 4 or less in every swarm and i have to try really hard , which causes me to lose focus on enemy champ and getting damaged by him/her .

How can can i improve my CS ?

Another question , i see that when pros jungle (junglers and other players) they don't just stand and fight , they keep moving around the monsters . Does that dodge the monsters atttacks ? i tried that but i fail .

Míley Dyrus

01-29-2013

Practice. Practice practice practice. I've played around 1200 games and I miss about 1 every wave to turret/harass/derping.

katyyyyyyyyyyy

01-29-2013

It can confide in the champion you play. One exemplification, Sejuani with an Sunfire Cape and only that, with 0 AP from Runes and Masteries. Can Q W E a minion wave and last hit each minion in less than a second or two, every single time, and can push waves as fast as she perambulates with them. At the same time, being 20x tankier than the fragile players who buy into offensive items to do a less good job at this same task. It doesn't matter how fed Sej is, or what level she is, by the time she gets a Sunfire Cape or Warmogs, it is not burdensome killing every minion in each minion wave in less than 2 seconds every time, without exception.

Amumu is consubstantial, with his toggle tear capacity. These champs are stalwart, and can farm well, and got great quanitities of crowd control. It is why Amumu is bootlegged a lot, and why Sejuani once inhabitants catch on, will embark bootlegging Sejuani too.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-29-2013

It's something that comes to different people at different speeds. I would actually recommend not playing AD champions, as their means of last hitting changes rather rapidly as they get items. If you can learn to last hit with an AP champion without using your abilities to do so (though you will do so with some - Malzahar - and you'll be forced to in certain situations), you should have enough of a basis to move onto the others. (AD carries should be easier, melee will depend on the champion, matchup, and a few other things.)

Some people will recommend popping into a 1v0 or 1v1 custom game to practice last hitting. I would at least consider it, but it's usefulness varies by person.

Edit: Katy... assuming you're not trolling, stop trying to sound 'intelligent.' It's doing the opposite.

Cloaked Figure

Recruiter

01-29-2013

As a gateway into last hitting, you might consider trying Annie. Her Q exists for the purpose.

GoombaStompin

Recruiter

01-29-2013

If you're having trouble with csing try taking 2 points in butcher to increase your damage to minions. If you are playing an AD champion, try using AD marks or AD Quints to bolster your damage in order to have a bigger window to score that "Last Hit".

If you're playing a mage with an aoe ability, consider trying to evenly damage a group of minions to low health with your auto attacks,... Then with one spell cast you can safetly land the killing blow on multiple minions at once securing your cs.

Consider your champion selection. A lot of champions have passives that make last hitting a breeze! Corki, Jarvan, Zed,... just a few that come to mind. I know someone recommended annie as well. =)

~~

There is no such thing as "dodging the minions" so what I believe you're describing is simply the players remaining active and mobile. Constantly moving your position makes it difficult for an opponent to land skill shots or for an enemy jungler to anticipate when the best time to engage a gank on you.

Lord of T3h Ring

01-29-2013

Normally you are the only person hitting mininos in the lane (solo top and mid, and support doesnt hit minions). Naturally you will get the hang of when to aa (early enough to avoid mininos finishing them off, and not too early that the minion gets left with 10 health and easily dies to a freindly minion. If you really want too, if you click on the minion you are going to attack you can see the health it has left, you can use this information to time when to hit the minions. Moving around has two purposes, dodging skillshots and preventing yourself from autoattackign minions. You should try not to aa minions early in laning phase because it leaves you open to ganks and it is harder to time when you attack to last hit for the gold.

Sikuq

01-29-2013

If you suck at Lasthitting like me, play champs who farm well, Mundo and garen are 2 I use.

as for your jungling question; no you can't dodge monsters attacks by moving. The pro junglers only do this because it's force of habit.

XAlFias

01-29-2013

Thanx everyone

Feedbro

01-29-2013

load up a custom game with no bots or players and pick a champ with a decent lasthit animation like Syndra, Caitlyn, Corki, etc. then just try to last hit without worrying about players. Once you get to the point where you can do it in your sleep and you find the whole thing very boring you can take it back to PVP and you'll find that you're able to last hit really well while still tracking/paying attention to your opponent.

Set goals for yourself to try and beat. My typical goal is to have 80cs by 10 minutes. I don't always reach it, but I can glance at the CS counter at 10 minutes and instantly gauge how well I had been csing that game.